2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
Yeah taking territory from other governments isn't exactly that same as a movie company delaying or canceling a release, that's my point.

It's a first move without much of any response. You're letting a first attack win.

Now that is how you answer this BS.

Chicago Tribune

33 mins ·

No 'Interview,' no problem.

Texas cinema chain Alamo Drafthouse said its Dallas-Fort Worth theater would show the raunchy puppet-comedy "Team America: World Police" in which a U.S. paramilitary force try to foil a terrorist plot by late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, who is portrayed in an extremely unflattering light.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
Now that is how you answer this BS.

Chicago Tribune

33 mins ·

No 'Interview,' no problem.

Texas cinema chain Alamo Drafthouse said its Dallas-Fort Worth theater would show the raunchy puppet-comedy "Team America: World Police" in which a U.S. paramilitary force try to foil a terrorist plot by late North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, who is portrayed in an extremely unflattering light.

And now Paramount has their tail between their legs.....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/para...campaign=buffer

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Hollywood should be pissed off at AMC and all the other movie theaters that pulled the movie because they were scared. Sony pulled the movie because they were going to lose tens of millions of dollars.

Think about it....AMC is now Chinese-owned, and China has a relationship (albeit wary) they need to protect with North Korea (if for no other reason, economic stability in the region), something like Big Brother/Little Brother.

Maybe I've been watching too many episodes of Homeland recently, but it's impossible not to see a connection.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sony-pictures-...5530367442.html

More in-depth article about the financial consequences of the Sony leaks/cyber attacks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
Some daring owners are showing Team America: World Police again.

Not anymore they're not.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
And now Paramount has their tail between their legs.....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/para...campaign=buffer

Dear Sony Hackers: now that u run Hollywood, I'd also like less romantic comedies, fewer Michael Bay movies and no more Transformers.

— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) December 17, 2014

Also, Sony Hackers - I really liked Tyler Perry in "Gone Girl" so hold off on doing anything yet with Madea.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
Dear Sony Hackers: now that u run Hollywood, I'd also like less romantic comedies, fewer Michael Bay movies and no more Transformers.

Also, Sony Hackers - I really liked Tyler Perry in "Gone Girl" so hold off on doing anything yet with Madea.

Lol, those were good.

Loved everything about Guardians of the Galaxy. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was weird, it had actual moments where it was watchable and had some good nods to the 90s movie and show. And then it had moments where I should have turned it off

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)
Loved everything about Guardians of the Galaxy. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was weird, it had actual moments where it was watchable and had some good nods to the 90s movie and show. And then it had moments where I should have turned it off

You must have a secret crush on Megan Fox back from the original Transformers movie...that would seem to be the only compelling reason to watch.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)

I watched the Turtles movie this weekend because I felt like I had to despite the awful reviews. I actually thought there were some legit funny scenes but overall it was pretty awful.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
You must have a secret crush on Megan Fox back from the original Transformers movie...that would seem to be the only compelling reason to watch.

um, ok

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
I watched the Turtles movie this weekend because I felt like I had to despite the awful reviews. I actually thought there were some legit funny scenes but overall it was pretty awful.

yea, i wont argue. It had a lot of bad. The fight between Splinter and Shredder was pretty cool though, i actually appreciated that part.