2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 12:59 AM)
That's Marvel/Disney, not Warner Bros

yeah, I look it up after you post this. the problem is my strike 3 notice were for

supposedly downloading the 2-Thor, Avengers and Spiderman movies.

are warner bros in some sort of movie release thru Marvel Franchise?

I have not watched tv for over a yr.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 08:58 PM)
The background music I think is the same slowed down Pinocchio they used at comic con, it's just stellar.

It was so eerie.

I also wish Spidey were there because he would definitely just be like "you did NOT just reference Pinocchio."

Am I the only one NOT in to these dozens of comic book movies that come out every year? Seems like every other movie that comes out is about superheroes. Feels like such a cash cow and some Hollywood big wigs are laughing at the amount of money they are raking in by s***ting out comic book movies every few months.

Just me?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 01:51 AM)
Am I the only one NOT in to these dozens of comic book movies that come out every year? Seems like every other movie that comes out is about superheroes. Feels like such a cash cow and some Hollywood big wigs are laughing at the amount of money they are raking in by s***ting out comic book movies every few months.

Just me?

I'm not a fan of the non Marvel Studios ones. They're weaving it together perfectly while the other 3 are all trying to mimic it. Also the MCU movies are different genres. Political thriller, WW2 movie, Shakespearen film, etc. They're all superhero movies but each of the connected franchises feels different.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 12:51 AM)

Just me?

Nope.

I watch them all, but am nevertheless not "into" them at the same time.

Never read a comic book, and will always prefer watching/reading and discussing a creative original concept...for example, Interstellar, even though it is derived from the physics professor Kip Thorne's black holes book, hopefully Nolan continues to be at the top of his game.

Of course, there are movies for "deeper meaning" and those produced merely for entertainment, like the new Keanu Reeves movie all the critics are raving about, John Wick. Gravity would also fall into this category (amazing to watch but utterly forgettable), if we're talking about the sci fi genre. Without the Nolans, Aronofskys, Malicks, del Toro's, the movie world of today would be close to barren.

We get it. Without spinoff movies, McDonald's/Burger King action figures, diversified revenue streams from multiple properties, it's hard to get an original concept movie off the ground these days. Too much risk, when the return on investment is much higher if you do a Denzel/Liam Neeson action movie, Transformers 5, TMNT 2, etc.

The Marvel movies really don't feel like sequels to me, but more like one big storyline in a universe.

I'm not a comic book reader either but I enjoy them and how in depth they are. It's too bad some people just see them as only popcorn films.

The first phase of movies was more popcorn and fun entertainment, the second phase changed the game for me, especially Cap 2.

To each their own, but if you are looking at it as a bunch of comic movies, you are missing the big picture

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 06:47 AM)
In the A2 teaser, why are s Hulk fighting, what appears to be, Iron Man?

Supposedly Hulk goes into berserker mode because of something Ultron does. depends on how they handle the story but it all points to Hulk being removed from the situation. And when I say the situation, I mean Earth

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)

Supposedly Hulk goes into berserker mode because of something Ultron does. depends on how they handle the story but it all points to Hulk being removed from the situation. And when I say the situation, I mean Earth

Oh, I heard about a storyline where he gets sent into space.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 07:06 AM)

Oh, I heard about a storyline where he gets sent into space.

Yea, thats the one. And with Guardians of the Galaxy entering the picture, it works. because someone has to find him

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 07:28 AM)
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/keanu-reeves-i...0673401392.html

Keanu Reeves is super bummed Hollywood studios have abandoned him

Rights to John Carter sequels expire

http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/10/disneys-...lans-new-films/

How about make better movies, Keanu?

John Carter right now is about as toxic as Batman was after Batman and Robin came out. You have to wonder who could pull off that set of books, if the Mouse house couldnt pull it off with all that money behind it.

Hey Kyle, so I don't have to dig through wikipedia, do you mind giving a real quick synopsis of what/who Ultron is? I would say I have a decent knowledge of the Marvel universe but I don't think really anything about Ultron. I'm guessing the one MCU movie I have not seen (IM3) shed some light on it though :lol:

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Hey Kyle, so I don't have to dig through wikipedia, do you mind giving a real quick synopsis of what/who Ultron is? I would say I have a decent knowledge of the Marvel universe but I don't think really anything about Ultron. I'm guessing the one MCU movie I have not seen (IM3) shed some light on it though :lol:

In the comics Ultron is an advanced AI built by Hank Pym (the first Ant-Man, will be played by Michael Douglas), though he brainwashed Pym into initially forgetting that he created him. He is genocidal because he believes that humanity is too chaotic to function in a peaceful world, thus need to be killed. Alternative versions of Ultron have him as a peace-keeping robot made by Pym, who again reaches the conclusion that humanity can't be peaceful.

In the movies he'll be made by Stark to replace SHIELD / the ending of IM3.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
In the comics Ultron is an advanced AI built by Hank Pym (the first Ant-Man, will be played by Michael Douglas), though he brainwashed Pym into initially forgetting that he created him. He is genocidal because he believes that humanity is too chaotic to function in a peaceful world, thus need to be killed. Alternative versions of Ultron have him as a peace-keeping robot made by Pym, who again reaches the conclusion that humanity can't be peaceful.

In the movies he'll be made by Stark to replace SHIELD / the ending of IM3.

Thanks