2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Still prepared to be disappointed. But the Falcon got me excited.

I am completely open minded on it because at the very least, George Lucas is not writing the lines.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
I like a lot of nerdy s*** but for whatever reason I just can not get into Star Wars.

Seconded. But hope it's good for all the dorks...I mean nerds, dammit! I mean fans. ;)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
I appreciate that and note that i can't remember the last time I badmouthed the WWE about anything. Not since high school probably.

Haha we were both being sarcastic because we do watch stuff that is considered dorky/nerdy like wrestling.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
Haha we were both being sarcastic because we do watch stuff that is considered dorky/nerdy like wrestling.

Exactly. I like the Star Wars movies. Not as much as most people and the extreme fans. I also like getting a rise out of the nerds, I mean fans. ;)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
I appreciate that and note that i can't remember the last time I badmouthed the WWE about anything. Not since high school probably.

Well I think you have learned your lesson and you now know you should have.

So Interstellar was really good until that weird 5th dimension library s***. People in the theater was laughing at loud at how stupid that whole thing was. Also, I did not expect the movie to be so sad at parts. I'll admit, I had tears in my eyes when he was watching the videos from his kids.

Here is how was hoping it was going to end.

I was hoping that the "ghost" was really Cooper, but because he had died up in space, not because he entered some time-traveling 5th dimensional library thing. They could have made up some reason no one would bother questioning about how he was a ghost as the same time he was alive on Earth, but I like that better than him using gravitational waves through time and space and all that weird s***.

Overall I liked it, but it really made it hard for me to take it seriously during that last 30 minutes or so.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Holy mackerel, Foxcatcher is great. Carrell will get support but I was surprised how good Channing Tatum was.

Not surprising. He was wonderful in Magic Mike and 22 Jump Street... part 2 of 21 Jump Street .

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flag

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

Suicide squad cast. I am pumped

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flag

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Interesting to see Margot Robbie paired with Wil Smith again so soon.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
Benedict Cumberbatch confirmed as Stephen Strange.

Did they confirm how many appearances? The other day they said Avengers 3 and 4 will shoot back to back

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 06:32 PM)
Did they confirm how many appearances? The other day they said Avengers 3 and 4 will shoot back to back

Here's all I gots:

Benedict Cumberbatch has entered the world of the mystic arts.

The actor will star in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange,” scheduled to hit theaters November 4, 2016. The film, directed by Scott Derrickson with Jon Spaihts writing the screenplay, will follow the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions.

“Stephen Strange’s story requires an actor capable of great depth and sincerity,” said Producer Kevin Feige. “In 2016, Benedict will show audiences what makes Doctor Strange such a unique and compelling character.”

Cumberbatch rose to international prominence with his critically acclaimed turn as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s most famous creation in “Sherlock,” currently preparing its fourth season. The series’ most recent season earned Cumberbatch the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie in 2014, after winning the BAFTA/LA Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year in 2013.

Cumberbatch most recently starred in “The Imitation Game,” playing famed mathematician and logician Alan Turing, and will soon be seen in “The Hobbit: The Army of the Five Armies” as Smaug and the Necromancer. For the role of Smaug, Cumberbatch stepped into the world of motion capture to bring the dragon to life. He will next be seen in Scott Cooper’s film “Black Mass,” the story of Whitey Bulger coming to theaters next September, where he stars opposite Johnny Depp and Joel Edgerton.

The star’s other credits include the Academy Award-winning “12 Years a Slave,” “War Horse,” “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy,” “August: Osage County,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “The Fifth Estate,” and “Parade’s End.” Benedict will be returning to the stage this summer in Hamlet at the Barbican with Lyndsey Turner directing. His last stage performance in Danny Boyle’s Frankenstein opposite Jonny Lee Miller awarded him the Olivier.

With “Doctor Strange,” Cumberbatch is just the latest actor to join the bold Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, introducing new heroes and continuing the adventures of fan favorites across multiple films.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/23754/benedi...e#ixzz3KyYhBVp8

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:33 AM)
This looks awful. The guy they got to play Reese is one of the worst actors I have ever seen. Hope I am wrong. The CGI in 1991 looked better.

Agreed, it looks embarrassingly bad

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
Agreed, it looks embarrassingly bad

Jai Courtney is the actor. I do not what is fascination with him as an actor. he is

Eric in Divergent.

however it for me, it looks interesting. this is my opinion only.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 05:52 AM)
Jai Courtney is the actor. I do not what is fascination with him as an actor. he is

Eric in Divergent.

however it for me, it looks interesting. this is my opinion only.

For some reason, there are some actors in certain roles that I just have a really hard time imagining anyone else in. For me, Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese is one of those. And I'd go so far as to say it would be tough for most Hollywood types to get him right - the tendency will be to go too pretty. Everything about the Reese character is the opposite of some sort of sex symbol, or should be.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
For some reason, there are some actors in certain roles that I just have a really hard time imagining anyone else in. For me, Michael Biehn as Kyle Reese is one of those. And I'd go so far as to say it would be tough for most Hollywood types to get him right - the tendency will be to go too pretty. Everything about the Reese character is the opposite of some sort of sex symbol, or should be.

a very great post, excuse my english, i can't think of word to describe it.

thinking of what you wrote, is like using

anybody in place of Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hill Cop.

QUOTE (bshah723 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 11:23 PM)
Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flag

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

That's wild. Also interesting to see Tom hardy take on a second DC role.