2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
um, ok

yea, i wont argue. It had a lot of bad. The fight between Splinter and Shredder was pretty cool though, i actually appreciated that part.

I was rooting for Shredder, Splinter is an ass in that movie.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)
Loved everything about Guardians of the Galaxy. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was weird, it had actual moments where it was watchable and had some good nods to the 90s movie and show. And then it had moments where I should have turned it off

Guardians is my favorite movie of the year by far. I seen it twice in the theaters and I never do that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
I enjoyed A Million Ways to Die in the West. Neil Patrick Harris was awesome in his bit... stole the movie.

Perfect example of hubris run amok. That movie would have been much better received had a different lead actor been in the role.

It's the same reason we wouldn't want to watch Quentin Tarantino in more than a bit part. He could never carry a movie by himself.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 25, 2014 -> 12:09 AM)
Nobody talking about The Interview being released online today? Did anyone watch it?

I haven't yet, had a few friends say it was pretty funny though. That might be my post work/pre Bulls activity today.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2014 -> 06:49 AM)
Want to see Selma, Inherent Vice, American Sniper, Big Eyes, and a Most Violent Year before i make my top 10 list. Doubt anything replaces my current #1.

Big Eyes is coming out of the gate as a bit of a disappointment.

Am really looking forward to American Sniper, though.

Selma seems to be on nearly every single Top 5 list out so far.

Whiplash hopefully will get Simmons or Teller some acting nods.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 11:49 PM)
Unconquered? Or Unbroken?

CRAP ..... i did it again. my bad, unbroken.

i just tried to find on wilki and imdb about him and the japanese guard.

very good side reading. that guard in real life was 1 sick fwck.

thanks for the catch.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
CRAP ..... i did it again. my bad, unbroken.

i just tried to find on wilki and imdb about him and the japanese guard.

very good side reading. that guard in real life was 1 sick fwck.

thanks for the catch.

No need to apologize, I was just wondering which movie you were referring to

finally got to see Foxcatcher, (seemed like it took forever to get released to more theaters). I really enjoyed it, all 3 (Carell/Tatum/Ruffalo) had really good performances.

also watched Mud and the Wolf of Wall St. on Netflix, enjoyed them as well.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
anyone seen >> Unbroken or the Gambler???

I saw the Gambler on Friday. I was actually pleasantly surprised with it. If you can let a few ridiculous things slide then it was pretty good. If you start thinking too much during the movie then you start to realize the plot is kind of stupid. I was also stuff in the front row for this movie since it was a sellout. At least they were recliners in this theater instead of regular seats.

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 30, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)
I saw the Gambler on Friday. I was actually pleasantly surprised with it. If you can let a few ridiculous things slide then it was pretty good. If you start thinking too much during the movie then you start to realize the plot is kind of stupid. I was also stuff in the front row for this movie since it was a sellout. At least they were recliners in this theater instead of regular seats.

you got a point. when does movies need to be fully thought out. why couldn't movies

be like..... for entertainment.

i just wasn't sure about gambler. i think i am going to see it tomorrow.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
Saw The Imitation Game yesterday. I thought it was really, really good. I loved everything except for how the ending dragged on a bit. Could have shaved about 20 minutes off, but it was under 2 hours anyway, so the extra 20 minutes wasn't unbearable.

I enjoyed it, although I docked it some points for lazily rehashing a couple of trite, movie clichés.