2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Well, I guess I've waited as long as I can for a PS4 The Show bundle to be announced. Apparently Meijer is having a deal where if you sign up for a credit card, you get 32% off your purchase, big ticket items included. Seems fishy, but I am going over there to check it out anyway. May come home with a PS4 tonight after work.

Go get em. I pre-ordered my The Show PS4 boner copy from Amazon a month ago. Please come to me, May 6.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Go get em. I pre-ordered my The Show PS4 boner copy from Amazon a month ago. Please come to me, May 6.

Welp, it wasn't fishy at all, and they apparently do that deal once a month, for a week long.

I got the PS4 + extra controller + $100 PS giftcard for a grand total of $407 after taxes. It was like 35% off I think. What a f***ing steal, I saved $200 on an item that they can barely keep in stores.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)

Gamestop is offering like 40% extra in-store credit when you trade in a newer game to preorder The Show for PS4. Since I already have the PS3 version, I am going to trade it in, which should get me about $45 or so. So I'll pick up the PS4 version for like $20 after tax.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Well, I guess I've waited as long as I can for a PS4 The Show bundle to be announced. Apparently Meijer is having a deal where if you sign up for a credit card, you get 32% off your purchase, big ticket items included. Seems fishy, but I am going over there to check it out anyway. May come home with a PS4 tonight after work.

You better buy a lot of stuff. Usually, whatever you get discounted isn't worth the hard credit pull.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 12:43 AM)
Meh, it says it will only knock off a couple points temporarily. That's not a problem.

It stays on for two years.

And depending on how many hard inquiries you have in a certain period of time, it can decrease by more than just a few points.

Case and point: my credit score dropped around 30 points after I got a loan for my car and applied for two credit cards in about a one month period.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 12:51 AM)
It stays on for two years.

And depending on how many hard inquiries you have in a certain period of time, it can decrease by more than just a few points.

Case and point: my credit score dropped around 30 points after I got a loan for my car and applied for two credit cards in about a one month period.

It's the first time I've ever done something like this and I've never taken out a loan. Worth the $200 I think. Ha.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)
It's definitely fun, though not as fun as MK9.

I saw it for 30 bucks, and the target by my house is closing so the store is running everything at 30 percent off, so I am probably gonna get it

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
Anyone with a PS4 know why my PS+ account doesn't seem to be transferring over? I was looking for free PS4 games to try and it keeps offering me to sign up. I am logged in with my PSN account, and still have about 6 weeks left on my membership....hmm.

They always have the ads in the store to sign up. Even if you're a member already.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
They always have the adds in the store to sign up. Even if you're a member already.

Well it's not that way on PS3 then. On the PS3 I go to the Playstation Plus section and it shows me all the discounted and free games. When I go to the Playstation Plus section on the PS4, every tile says "SIGN UP!" and has the different pricing plans. I can't even see any of the free or discounted games and when I click the "free games with playstation plus" tile, it asks me which option I want to sign up for. I may not be seeing it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not working the same as it did on the PS3.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Well it's not that way on PS3 then. On the PS3 I go to the Playstation Plus section and it shows me all the discounted and free games. When I go to the Playstation Plus section on the PS4, every tile says "SIGN UP!" and has the different pricing plans. I can't even see any of the free or discounted games and when I click the "free games with playstation plus" tile, it asks me which option I want to sign up for. I may not be seeing it for whatever reason, but it's certainly not working the same as it did on the PS3.

It sounds like something is wrong, but I would go to the Playstation website and check your account to make sure everything is kosher.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 10:54 PM)
It sounds like something is wrong, but I would go to the Playstation website and check your account to make sure everything is kosher.

I found some backways in to looking at a game I knew was free to PS+ users, and it had it available for me to download, so it appears I am given the capabilites, it is just marketing to me as if I have not yet subscribed. Like I said, I can't even get a list of discounted or free games to show up, every tile just shows a plan for me to sign up with. I guess I'll find out for sure in 3 weeks when I get The Show (PS4) and I try to play online.

It now sounds like you are looking in the wrong spot. The Playstation Store is a bit confusing, but there should be a thing on the left for Instant Game Collection or PS+, whatever, as well as a separate thing where you can re-up/buy PS+. It's possible you are just clicking on the latter and not the former.

Also, discounted games don't 'show up.' You look up the game and if it has an available discount it will have an PS+ logo indicating a cheaper price. It will show that whether or not you are subscribed to Plus or not.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 08:22 PM)
It now sounds like you are looking in the wrong spot. The Playstation Store is a bit confusing, but there should be a thing on the left for Instant Game Collection or PS+, whatever, as well as a separate thing where you can re-up/buy PS+. It's possible you are just clicking on the latter and not the former.

Also, discounted games don't 'show up.' You look up the game and if it has an available discount it will have an PS+ logo indicating a cheaper price. It will show that whether or not you are subscribed to Plus or not.

I wonder why they would change that. It's SO easy to navigate on the PS3. You click the PS+ section, it then gives you a category for free games or discounted games. Super simple.

I'll just map out what I'm doing and you let me know........

-Click PS Store

-On the main menu, I choose "Playstation Plus"

-It then shows me 6 titles. They read (from left-top, to right-bottom)......Playstation Plus, Never Tried PS+? Get 14 Days Free, April Free Games Lineup, 12+ Months, 3+ Months, 1+ Month

-So I would then assume I should click "April Free Games Lineup"....

-When I click that, it shows me 3 items to purchase. 12+ Months, 3+ Months, 1+ Month. This screen is the same as a screen that would list all the games available, but instead of showing game art, it shows the purchase options.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
I wonder why they would change that. It's SO easy to navigate on the PS3. You click the PS+ section, it then gives you a category for free games or discounted games. Super simple.

I'll just map out what I'm doing and you let me know........

-Click PS Store

-On the main menu, I choose "Playstation Plus"

-It then shows me 6 titles. They read (from left-top, to right-bottom)......Playstation Plus, Never Tried PS+? Get 14 Days Free, April Free Games Lineup, 12+ Months, 3+ Months, 1+ Month

-So I would then assume I should click "April Free Games Lineup"....

-When I click that, it shows me 3 items to purchase. 12+ Months, 3+ Months, 1+ Month. This screen is the same as a screen that would list all the games available, but instead of showing game art, it shows the purchase options.

I think the problem is that if you own a PS4 you basically NEED playstation+ just to play online, so they dumbed down the menu and stuffed all the free playstation+ games into the generic free-to-play category. Playstation+ was sort of an exclusive club on ps3 for those that chose to pay for it. On PS4 playstation+ is the standard much like xbox live.

QUOTE (TRU @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
So since there is going to be quite a few of us with Playstation 4's and MLB The Show, how about we get a Soxtalk online franchise set up?

Yesssssssssss

PS4 on the truck for delivery today

QUOTE (TRU @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
So since there is going to be quite a few of us with Playstation 4's and MLB The Show, how about we get a Soxtalk online franchise set up?

I'd be down if it was using OS rosters and fantasy draft? That way our 2 franchises won't be the exact same and we won't have to fight over who gets the Sox.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Sup Kyle

Nintendo is giving away a free game with Mario Kart 8. Windwaker HD, NSMBU, Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U. Europe list is 8 games long so I hope they expand the American Offering. Either way I don't have Pikmin so I'll get that too. Great deal.

I saw that, its between WW HD and Wii Party U for me. I already have Pikmin and have grown bored of the SMB games. Cant wait for MK, the screenshots and video released yesterday are awesome