2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (TRU @ May 1, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
So since there is going to be quite a few of us with Playstation 4's and MLB The Show, how about we get a Soxtalk online franchise set up?

Don't believe him everybody, he doesn't have internet. He hasn't played with Jose and me in 2 months now

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tmar @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:47 PM)
Don't believe him everybody, he doesn't have internet. He hasn't played with Jose and me in 2 months now

Carl uses his tmobile hot spot from his flip phone to download call of duty updates, it usually takes heem about 3 days to finish a 900mb download.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 1, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
Carl uses his tmobile hot spot from his flip phone to download call of duty updates, it usually takes heem about 3 days to finish a 900mb download.

No way, he just plays offline mode in real housewives of Orange county the game

QUOTE (Tmar @ May 1, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
Wat no way it's not Japanese, Jose says only Japanese rpgs are good

He obviously hasn't played Real Housewives of Orange County. You unlock a trophy/achievement (depending on which console) after hammering 50 martinis and staying on your feet. It's called "Hammer Time" on the 360.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Sup Kyle

Nintendo is giving away a free game with Mario Kart 8. Windwaker HD, NSMBU, Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U. Europe list is 8 games long so I hope they expand the American Offering. Either way I don't have Pikmin so I'll get that too. Great deal.

Disc or download? My 4GB system can barely handle NES Remix, so if this is download only then I'm f***ed and so are many others.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 1, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
I saw that, its between WW HD and Wii Party U for me. I already have Pikmin and have grown bored of the SMB games. Cant wait for MK, the screenshots and video released yesterday are awesome

Been playing Windwaker a lot lately. Love it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
Disc or download? My 4GB system can barely handle NES Remix, so if this is download only then I'm f***ed and so are many others.

Download only unfortunately. System does support external hd I believe if that's an option.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 07:08 AM)

Time to get an external HD or just trade in/up for the Kart bundle

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2014 -> 07:11 AM)
Been playing Windwaker a lot lately. Love it.

Download only unfortunately. System does support external hd I believe if that's an option.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 2, 2014 -> 07:15 AM)
Time to get an external HD or just trade in/up for the Kart bundle

I'll never know why Nintendo ever came out with a 4 GB in the first place. I typically only download virtual console games, so I didn't think it would matter, but you seriously can't download anything. NES Remix honestly eats the entire storage.

Paying for an external HD eats away a big chunk of the benefit of a free game, but maybe I can find something cheap. I'd really like to get Wind Waker for free.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 2, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
I'll never know why Nintendo ever came out with a 4 GB in the first place. I typically only download virtual console games, so I didn't think it would matter, but you seriously can't download anything. NES Remix honestly eats the entire storage.

Paying for an external HD eats away a big chunk of the benefit of a free game, but maybe I can find something cheap. I'd really like to get Wind Waker for free.

You should see how much it is to trade in your current wiiu for the Mario kart 32 gig bundle. You get Mario Kart and SMBU in the bundle and then you get the free download of wind waker

I don't think they should have gone with 8 and 32 gig models either, but they are probably trying to keep consumer cost down. Even though it is still 250 and 300 bucks

Tomorrow, I plan on trading in an extra PS3 (has overheating issues, hopefully Gamestop won't notice), extra PS3 controller, and The Show '14 and using a friend's Pro membership thing to get 40% extra on the trade-in towards pre-ordering The Show '14 for PS4.

Would be cool to get at least $65 for all of it to pay off The Show. I have a feeling I won't get much for the PS3 though given that it is a FAT model (although, the 60 GB version, which was the best they made), because it has a crack on the front held together by black electrical tape, and because it has been repaired for overheating....twice.

If I get don't at least $20 just for the internal parts alone, I'll probably just try to sell it online for someone who would rather piece off the working parts.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 5, 2014 -> 12:04 AM)
Tomorrow, I plan on trading in an extra PS3 (has overheating issues, hopefully Gamestop won't notice), extra PS3 controller, and The Show '14 and using a friend's Pro membership thing to get 40% extra on the trade-in towards pre-ordering The Show '14 for PS4.

Would be cool to get at least $65 for all of it to pay off The Show. I have a feeling I won't get much for the PS3 though given that it is a FAT model (although, the 60 GB version, which was the best they made), because it has a crack on the front held together by black electrical tape, and because it has been repaired for overheating....twice.

If I get don't at least $20 just for the internal parts alone, I'll probably just try to sell it online for someone who would rather piece off the working parts.

You can check trade-in values at cheapassgamer.com: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330257-...titanfall-more/

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2014 -> 12:10 AM)
You can check trade-in values at cheapassgamer.com: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/330257-...titanfall-more/

Damn, what a nice resource. Thanks!

So I guess the 40% trade in stuff excludes systems. Damn.

Looks like I should get....

PS3 (refurbed) - $40 (+10%) - $44

PS3 controller - $7.50 (+40%) - $10.50

PS3 A/V cable - $2 (+40%) - $2.80

MLB 13 The Show - $6 (+40%) - $8.40

MLB 14 The Show - $25 (+40%) - $35

Total - $100.70

That's good with me, considering the extra PS3 is pretty much useless to me. It can't be used for more than about 20-30 minutes without overheating warnings and "SHUTDOWN IMMINENT" messages. The MLB 14 price is just a guess. That site didn't even list the game because it is so new.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 5, 2014 -> 12:31 AM)
Damn, what a nice resource. Thanks!

So I guess the 40% trade in stuff excludes systems. Damn.

Looks like I should get....

PS3 (refurbed) - $40 (+10%) - $44

PS3 controller - $7.50 (+40%) - $10.50

PS3 A/V cable - $2 (+40%) - $2.80

MLB 13 The Show - $6 (+40%) - $8.40

MLB 14 The Show - $25 (+40%) - $35

Total - $100.70

That's good with me, considering the extra PS3 is pretty much useless to me. It can't be used for more than about 20-30 minutes without overheating warnings and "SHUTDOWN IMMINENT" messages. The MLB 14 price is just a guess. That site didn't even list the game because it is so new.

I got almost $100 when I traded in my PS3 a few weeks ago. For whatever reason, I also got the extra 40% when I traded the console in, even though I was only supposed to get 10.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 5, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
Are the OS rosters ready?

Yes it is.. The corrections roster should be up tomorrow hopefully. I think they made a few mistakes like Danish, Anderson, Johnson, Rondon not being in the roster. It was a mistake and I think it will be corrected with the update