2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
Didn't think of that but that makes a ton of sense, actually.

Not really. The only one who's going to be a hater about it is Lip, and he doesn't give a s*** if Frank lives or dies.

That said, you never know what direction the show could take.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
Not really. The only one who's going to be a hater about it is Lip, and he doesn't give a s*** if Frank lives or dies.

I dont know, the final episode in season 3 had Lip and Frank sort of patching things up, before Frank puked blood all over the ice.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
You're right, of course. I only noticed it because I became obsessed with that type of shot after watching Goodfellas way back in the day.

That's what did it for me too. I was thinking "Goodfellas at the Copa" right after the pan from the biker at the wall safe, past MM counting down, to the window (and back).

I watched it again last night and found it even more impressive.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)

Right, that's the one flaw in the theory. Debbie too, to a certain extent. She doesn't seem to care about Frank anymore either. But they seemed to make it a point to say that Fiona was his blood type. And now she's been put into a terrible situation. It would make sense.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Right, that's the one flaw in the theory. Debbie too, to a certain extent. She doesn't seem to care about Frank anymore either. But they seemed to make it a point to say that Fiona was his blood type. And now she's been put into a terrible situation. It would make sense.

A spin on it would be Frank being the only one who would be able to get custody of Liam and keep him from going into a foster/adoption home, so Fiona donates part of her Liver to Frank so he can live and be awarded said custody

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
The liam situation is just hilarious. He either isnt Franks, or he isnt Monica's, but both of them claim him as theirs. So, did Monica give birth to him? Never really made clear

He is supposedly both of theirs. He is black due to a recessive black gene acquired by one of Frank's ancestors who had an affair with a jazz musician.

I guess it really can happen too

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 07:15 AM)
Another top notch Justified

Loving this season's storylines - Boyd still has a lot of ass to kick.

Not currently paying for HBO, but sounds like TrueD is one I need to see.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
A spin on it would be Frank being the only one who would be able to get custody of Liam and keep him from going into a foster/adoption home, so Fiona donates part of her Liver to Frank so he can live and be awarded said custody

Ah, now that makes sense.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)

Now that makes perfect sense.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
I know I am late here but I started Lost a couple months ago on Netflix because I didn't watch when it was on and just finished the series last night.. What was everyone's thoughts on the series? the final season? finale?

Curious what others thought

I was the same way, a few years ago I watched the whole thing on Netflix. As a whole, I loved the series. For the final season and finale, I was pretty disappointed. I felt like a lot of the questions were left unanswered... But it still didn't take away how addicting that show was.

I think it was great through season 3 (that finale is still the best finale ever, at worst top three) and then good until the last few episodes where it started to fall apart. But it was still the best night of the week when the new episode aired and the next morning was also great to talk to everyone about it. The ending was going to be terrible no matter what they did. They set themselves up for that years before. But as a whole the show was still awesome and the void really hasn't been filled by anything since. There are no "OMG I have to get home to watch this" or "let's watch this as a group" shows out there.

The final couple seasons just started not to make sense at all.. It was entertaining to watch but it just didn't make much sense.. I still ended up loving the show and watching it all in a little over a month but was disappointed like pretty much else about the end. I was confused and still not sure exactly what happened or what the writers were shooting for.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
I loved the first few seasons more than anything except Breaking Bad. The ending wasn't the greatest.

At its peek Lost was more intoxicating than Breaking Bad. The opening scene for season one through season three /part of four were incredible then it tapered. It could never achieve an ending.

As as series in totality Breaking Bad is a better series.

Lost 121 episodes

Breaking Bad 62 episodes

If Lost had a show arc of 75 episodes it could have been epic.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
At its peek Lost was more intoxicating than Breaking Bad. The opening scene for season one through season three /part of four were incredible then it tapered. It could never achieve an ending.

As as series in totality Breaking Bad is a better series.

Lost 121 episodes

Breaking Bad 62 episodes

If Lost had a show arc of 75 episodes it could have been epic.

Yeah, there were 2-3 seasons that were too much for LOST. If they had killed that, it could have been epic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
Yeah, there were 2-3 seasons that were too much for LOST. If they had killed that, it could have been epic.

If that was Penny's boat it would have ended with mystery and intrigue and the purgatory thing would make sense where some folks get off of the island and some do not.

Resuscitation, death, heaven hell.....fade to black