2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
I'll start reading online stuff more when there aren't so many people.

I think Brittany is super hot but can we get that chin mole removed.

She's like a 7 or 8 to me. Not in the Kaitlyn or Aaryn from last year range.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
She's like a 7 or 8 to me. Not in the Kaitlyn or Aaryn from last year range.

If Aaryn wasn't so vile, I woulda thought she was hotter. Had to google Kaitlyn.

Jacosta and Victoria need to go. They're awful and do nothing.

Frankie needs to be a target. Almost won HOH and gets along with everyone. He'll be in Final 4 if kept around. Hard part will be getting folks on board to do it.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
Jacosta and Victoria need to go. They're awful and do nothing.

Frankie needs to be a target. Almost won HOH and gets along with everyone. He'll be in Final 4 if kept around. Hard part will be getting folks on board to do it.

I almost forgot Victoria was in the game last night

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
Pretty high body count last night on "24;" which was really only "12"

My favorite part was at the end when President Heller was telling the Prime Minister his sob story about life. "I looked at this picture of this beautiful woman for 15 minutes and couldn't figure out who it was. Then I realized it was my daughter, Audrey."

OH BOO F*CKING HOO OLD MAN - he had that s*** going on, but he still didn't resign his position as POTUS?

b****, please.

Other than that, I enjoyed the season, though it didn't have much in the way of climactic scenes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Anyone else watch the first three episodes of "The Leftovers"? So far it hasn't grabbed me as a "must watch", but I am intrigued.

This last episode was weird. I'll keep watching for now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 08:55 AM)
My favorite part was at the end when President Heller was telling the Prime Minister his sob story about life. "I looked at this picture of this beautiful woman for 15 minutes and couldn't figure out who it was. Then I realized it was my daughter, Audrey."

OH BOO F*CKING HOO OLD MAN - he had that s*** going on, but he still didn't resign his position as POTUS?

b****, please.

Other than that, I enjoyed the season, though it didn't have much in the way of climactic scenes.

Yeah, that ending was odd. Overall it was a great season, imo. Missed Jack.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Big Brother thoughts.

I think Derrick is running things. Too many people not really doing much. Frankie annoys the crap out of me.

Derrick is good at putting ideas in other people's heads. He has to lay low as there are bigger targets like Zach that are louder and more obvious.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Was there something wrong with Jocasta during the ending of the battle of the block competition? She was just rambling stuff.....

"Speaking in tongues"

I'll never get bible bangers.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Did anyone watch the first episode of "Married" on FX last Thursday? Thought it was pretty funny.

I thought it was kinda meh. The premise, at least for the pilot, was a bit silly. I dunno what woman, especially a mother of 2 or 3, that would be totally fine with her husband going out to get laid. Even if she wouldn't object on the moral basis of breaking his vows, there's no way she'd be fine with him not helping around the house with the kids during the middle of the day.

Other TV thoughts:

Caught up on last week's Leftovers, the one that was centered on the priest. Holy crap, that was a great hour of television.

Masters of Sex (premiere): missed this show. Still great. I would do naughty things with Lizzy Caplan.

True Blood. Jesus, just go away already. My wife and I keep watching just to see how people die/how it ends. This season has gone to a whole new level of suck.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
I thought it was kinda meh. The premise, at least for the pilot, was a bit silly. I dunno what woman, especially a mother of 2 or 3, that would be totally fine with her husband going out to get laid. Even if she wouldn't object on the moral basis of breaking his vows, there's no way she'd be fine with him not helping around the house with the kids during the middle of the day.

Other TV thoughts:

Caught up on last week's Leftovers, the one that was centered on the priest. Holy crap, that was a great hour of television.

Masters of Sex (premiere): missed this show. Still great. I would do naughty things with Lizzy Caplan.

True Blood. Jesus, just go away already. My wife and I keep watching just to see how people die/how it ends. This season has gone to a whole new level of suck.

I still can't decide what I think of the show. It has my attention, but it hasn't been must see either. I'm curious how some of the mini-plots work themselves out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
I still can't decide what I think of the show. It has my attention, but it hasn't been must see either. I'm curious how some of the mini-plots work themselves out.

That was my favorite ep because it had pace. This past week, I guess stuff happened, but it hit the end of the show and I was just still not grabbed. They have to move forward on something, they are covering too many story lines and need to pull some in by ep 5. This is usually when HBO shows start to pick up, they need to take notes.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Did anyone watch the first episode of "Married" on FX last Thursday? Thought it was pretty funny.

I wanted to like it because of Jenny Slate, but that was such cliche tripe.

I'm in the same boat. Some aspects of the show I like (the aftermath of people vanishing) but some I don't (the people in white, especially the smoking and not talking crap). The "this season on" previews makes it seem like a lot of stuff is going to happen this season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
That was my favorite ep because it had pace. This past week, I guess stuff happened, but it hit the end of the show and I was just still not grabbed. They have to move forward on something, they are covering too many story lines and need to pull some in by ep 5. This is usually when HBO shows start to pick up, they need to take notes.

Agreed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)
I was looking around at some reviews, some said it gets better after the cliche/weird pilot, I guess we'll see.

We'll probably keep watching, nothing else on. Hoping that group would have something else to offer beside sexual frustration from a married man. That hasn't been beaten to death.