2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)

Of course, logic would tell us that Dar Adal's trying to get Lockhart fired so that Saul can return as head of the CIA...but that's going to require a huge rehabilitation of Carrie again so they can continue to be a team. Then Javadi and her new pseudo-Brody in ISI can remake the Middle East after that evil witch Nasmeen or whatever her name is gets taken out. So mad Zara's gone, too. That sucked.

Homeland

This brings up something that's been bothering me -- they've completely ignored the entire point of last season, which was to turn Javadi. Is that going to come into play?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)

This brings up something that's been bothering me -- they've completely ignored the entire point of last season, which was to turn Javadi. Is that going to come into play?

But wasn't he in Iran? How would he be connected here? Maybe there's something I'm forgetting

And whatever happened to Roya Hammad, the "Al Jazeerish" TV announcer who was Abu Nazir's point person with Brody...she made threats towards Carrie in the interrogation room then disappeared...at least Abu Nazir's wife got to spit on Brody before he was hanged, so there was some closure to that character. (Of course we have to assume she has a life prison sentence or was sent to Gitmo or whatever.) The Nasjeem character in ISI is a bit reminiscent of her, albeit higher up on the food chain if she can delay a military response to the RPG attack by 10 minutes.

FWIW, I do not want another season of Dar Nadal being a key player...and isn't Nadal connected to Mossad or that's just my assumption? Is it even possible for him and Quinn to work together again, as the last time they were together Quinn was choking him half to death?

Homeland

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
Taking suggestions on the next show to binge watch. I've been considering Boardwalk Empire, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards and Banshee.

House of Cards is really good, especially the first season.

I just did that with Prison Break and Homeland.

The high school students here in China seem to like Scorpion, too. Their current favorite is Sherlock.

Try youku.com, iqiyi.com or watchseries.ag if you want to watch older shows.

Taking suggestions on the next show to binge watch. I've been considering Boardwalk Empire, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards and Banshee.

Orange Is The New Black and House of Cards are both good, just very different.

Scorpion is a lot of fun. Don't go into it expecting anything serious, and you'll enjoy it.

Going back a few years, I recently binged on Friday Night Lights, and now I'm watching Chuck. You may have already seen both, but I'd recommend them.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 06:04 AM)

Scorpion is a lot of fun. Don't go into it expecting anything serious, and you'll enjoy it.

Going back a few years, I recently binged on Friday Night Lights, and now I'm watching Chuck. You may have already seen both, but I'd recommend them.

I loved Chuck more than I thought I would. I watched FNL as it aired and it's in my Top 5.

I must be missing something about HOC. It's good but not as great to me as it is to others. Outside of Spacey and Wright, it feels like the other actors idea of acting is whispering. I'm probably overreacting but it bothers me for some reason.

House of Cards was literally created to binge watch. Do that. Boardwalk bored me to tears. Never seen the other 2.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)
I loved Chuck more than I thought I would. I watched FNL as it aired and it's in my Top 5.

I must be missing something about HOC. It's good but not as great to me as it is to others. Outside of Spacey and Wright, it feels like the other actors idea of acting is whispering. I'm probably overreacting but it bothers me for some reason.

I started watching it because I wanted something lighter. I didn't know what to expect, but I'm loving it. Great mix of comedy and action.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 06:04 AM)

I watched both of those early, and liked them a lot. I lost both with kids being born.

The early seasons of Boardwalk Empire are tremendous. Still worth watching. I'd go with House of Cards. You'll fly through it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
The early seasons of Boardwalk Empire are tremendous. Still worth watching. I'd go with House of Cards. You'll fly through it.

Season 2 bored me, but Season 3 with Bobby Cannavale is one of my favorite seasons of any TV show. It's amazing.

House of Cards is f***ing incredible. You will be hooked, man.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)

I just couldn't get through Boardwalk

after they offed Jimmy Darmody. He was such a f***ing great character.

. That was it for me. I was bored most of the time until some action or murder happened.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
House of Cards is f***ing incredible. You will be hooked, man.

House of Cards is great

Boardwalk Empire was tolerable

Watching True Detective now, the hype have gotten me there. It is good but I was expecting something but I ma not even sure i knew what I was expecting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
I watched both of those early, and liked them a lot. I lost both with kids being born.

That's what I love about Netflix. My kids are a little older, and I have the free time once everyone else has gone to bed. It's nice to find these shows whith a bunch of episodes from years ago. I'm thinking of trying Louie next.

Homeland:

Javadi is irrelevant. He is in Iran first and foremost and two, Brody already killed his boss last season which pushed him into a role were he could influence Iranian politics. There was even a scene last season were they were congratulating Saul on his accomplishment before he got pushed out of the agency by Lockheart. If you looked at the "previously on homeland" montage at the beginning of the last episode, Dar Adal is talking about how sacrifice is necessary (or something along those lines) for the greater good. He is totally doing this to get some politician out CIA chair and some straight up spook back in it. Maybe himself?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
I just couldn't get through Boardwalk

after they offed Jimmy Darmody. He was such a f***ing great character.

. That was it for me. I was bored most of the time until some action or murder happened.

I was there with you, but really the show moved past it and it was just as good. Season 3 was probably the worst (but still good) only because it introduced a cartoon villian, but the last 2 were really good, and the effects of that decision were felt through the end of the series.

I'm doing a rewatch on The Wire. It's been about 7-8 years. The storytelling is so solid and tight in the first 3-4 episodes, moreso than I remember.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
I was there with you, but really the show moved past it and it was just as good. Season 3 was probably the worst (but still good) only because it introduced a cartoon villian, but the last 2 were really good, and the effects of that decision were felt through the end of the series.

I'm doing a rewatch on The Wire. It's been about 7-8 years. The storytelling is so solid and tight in the first 3-4 episodes, moreso than I remember.

Totally disagree. Gyp Rosetti was amazing.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
Totally disagree. Gyp Rosetti was amazing.

He was, and it was, but it became an easy plot point. The show has many moving parts with a lot of different characters, and that season you had the one main bad guy that needed to be dealt with.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
He was, and it was, but it became an easy plot point. The show has many moving parts with a lot of different characters, and that season you had the one main bad guy that needed to be dealt with.

The season with Gyp was the best season of Boardwalk. The final 2 seasons were the worst.