2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:37 PM)
Being on national TV helped people know who Donald Glover was, not Childish Gambino. He did that all on his own. I still to this day only know of 1 person who watches both community AND listens to Childish. Everyone else either knows him as Troy from Community and had no idea he raps, or they know him as Childish Gambino and had no idea he was an actor or a comedian.

I'm a big fan of all his different careers, and I still don't even watch Community. Not saying anything about the show, I'm just saying he separates the two (or three) careers pretty well.

Yeah, but we're not talking about Donald Glover as Childish Gambino, we were talking about Donald Glover as Donald Glover, the actor. And as an actor, Community made him famous, which also aided his popularity as Childish Gambino.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 4, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
Yes. I know the show has been a huge hit, however I'm not big on fantasy movies / series. I figured I will give it a chance.

Im not giving up yet.

muscle through, once you start understanding how people fit in to the story, the fantasy becomes background. The politics of the families are what sucks me in

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
She is incredible in that show. I often forget it's the same actor playing like 5 different people all at once.

I've only seen the first episode (going to use it as a gym/tablet show), but yeah. Also, I was shocked when her German clone got shot in the head.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
I've only seen the first episode (going to use it as a gym/tablet show), but yeah. Also, I was shocked when her German clone got shot in the head.

Somewhat of a spoiler, but almost kind of the premise of the show....

By the end of the first season, I think she has done at least 4 or 5 different clones.

Finally got around to watching Orange Is The New Black. My wife and I are three episodes in, and we're hooked. The only thing keeping us from binge watching is time.

Season 3 of Workaholics is on Amazon Prime. It's so stupid, but I laugh my ass off.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
i binge-watched the first season of Ray Donovan over the holidays. Pretty awesome.

I feel like that show is better through binge watching, because there were a handful of really slow episodes during the middle of the season and I found it hard to remember to watch it every week. But it ended pretty strong.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 11:39 PM)
Oh my god, a new season of Impractical Jokers, f*** yes. That is easily the best prank/reality show on TV. The promos make it look so stupid, but the show is pure gold.

It is the funniest show on tv. I couldn't stop laughing during the first episode this season.. They also have podcasts that are pretty funny that I listen to as well.

I know most everyone in this thread bailed on SHIELD, but I just caught the episode where they show (and somewhat explain) Agent Coulsons resurrection/Tahiti memory and it was pretty wild. I can't quite explain what they did to him though

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 12:18 AM)
Goddamn it's good to have Justified back on TV.

So many guest stars. I saw the credits in the beginning and as really interested to see the character they would all play. And then Amy Smart comes in future episodes? Nice.

Michael Rapaport though. What a s***ty accent. It's hard to take his character seriously with that awful accent he's using.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
I know most everyone in this thread bailed on SHIELD, but I just caught the episode where they show (and somewhat explain) Agent Coulsons resurrection/Tahiti memory and it was pretty wild. I can't quite explain what they did to him though

I do not watch it, but you will likely be happy to know that Stan Lee will have a "big role" in an upcoming episode. Gotta love that guy. Did you see that three part documentary that detailed the golden age of superhero comic books... all the way of to the modern day? I would say it was pretty solid, rather cool to hear from some of the old timers that brought so much of that magic alive. Thanks to my parents, I still have boxes of ten and twelve cent comics, ranging from every genre you can imagine.