2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to have Raylan, Boyd, Art, Dewey and the boys back again. And it's good that the show seems to be greenlighted for a final 6th season as well. I've thought the Justified season finales have been somewhat hampered by a need-to-wrap-it-up-cause-it-might-be -the-last-show-ness, due to ratings limbo.

So maybe I missed a trailer or story or something, but I just checked my guide to make sure that Shameless is recorded and I noticed that Justin Chatwins name was in the info credits. Not too happy about that

Sherlock, magnificent yet again. It's funny when I hear people complain about a 13-week show ending and having to wait 9 months for the next season. Sherlock is only a 3-week show and now I have to wait 11+ months to see it again!

Season 3 ended on an awesome cliffhanger. This show is just so great. If it wasn't for the short-short seasons, I would enjoy it even more than Shameless.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
Lip's great, my favorite character on the show.

Very good premiere. Had me laughing out loud several times.

It was great, especially the smile on Franks face when he got his wine enema. I found it kind of odd that Ian was talked about multiple times but never shown, whereas Lip was constantly part of the story.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 08:09 AM)
It was great, especially the smile on Franks face when he got his wine enema. I found it kind of odd that Ian was talked about multiple times but never shown, whereas Lip was constantly part of the story.

I haven't heard anything either way, but I'm assuming Ian will be a regular as the season goes on, this just wasn't his episode. I was more surprised how big of a deal they were making about Mickey missing him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 06:26 AM)
I watched the first two Brooklyn Nine-Nine's and just wasn't digging it. Maybe I'll try again if it goes on Netflix.

I don't put a lot of stock into the Golden Globes though.

My wife didn't care for it after watching a couple episodes. I continued to watch it, and it got a lot better about 4 or 5 episodes in. It's been consistently hilarious since.

I started watching The Curse of Oak Island and it's really well done. That stuff has always fascinated me to begin with and I wrote a paper on pre-Columbian trans-Atlantic voyages in college so this was a no brainer for me to watch.

But the show after that I mistakenly watched for a couple minutes because I meant to get to bed but couldn't stop watching. Appalachian Outlaws. It was surprisingly highly enjoyable and I can't wait for the next episode.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
I started watching The Curse of Oak Island and it's really well done. That stuff has always fascinated me to begin with and I wrote a paper on pre-Columbian trans-Atlantic voyages in college so this was a no brainer for me to watch.

I have been facinated with Oak Island for years. What an interesting place.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
Anyone still watch Downton Abbey? They've managed to make me hate Lady Mary even more, despite her situation.

I've got it on the DVR. The two-hour premiere so far has been too much for the wife and I to commit to, but we won't fall too far behind.