2014 ♪♫ Thread

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
Pretty spot on article about Macklemore.

I should have stopped reading when they declared that Mack's music somehow is terrible, but then I truly stopped reading when he comically believes that Drake's steaming pile of s*** CD was better. What a joke of an article.

Also, Macklemore was again forced to release another damage-control piece of "I'm so sorry I won" bulls***. This time he tells everyone that he only won because he is white, so please stop hating him for it.

Poor guy, I hope he never wins another award and has to go through this hell of defending himself and apologizing for his skin color.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
I should have stopped reading when they declared that Mack's music somehow is terrible, but then I truly stopped reading when he comically believes that Drake's steaming pile of s*** CD was better. What a joke of an article.

You have turned into the Macklemore version of a Beleiber. You can personally like his drivel but you have to acknowledge that his drivel is not well regarded. He simply isn't a very good rapper.

"It’s the lowest sort of middlebrow, an art-like commodity that shallow people think is deep and dull people think is edgy. The city that blessed us with Jimi Hendrix and Nirvana has now cursed us with the rap game Upworthy: a man hawking hip-hop that switches out faked emotion for real intellect and faked intellect for real emotion and has no discernible goals other than to congratulate its makers for making it and its listeners for purchasing it."

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
You have turned into the Macklemore version of a Beleiber. You can personally like his drivel but you have to acknowledge that his drivel is not well regarded. He simply isn't a very good rapper.

Why because I'm defending him in this onslaught he is currently facing?

And I never heard a single person say they thought he sucked until he won these awards and then all the sudden people starting raging and flipping cars over because Kendrick didn't take home the Savior of Rap award at the Grammys.

He simply is a very good rapper.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
Always fun when some s***brain tells me what is and what isn't good music.

I listen to music for entertainment and background noise when I workout and code. I know some others (like the guy who wrote that article) are paid to critique it for content and meaning, but I can care less. It comes off as extremely high brow to me.

That Can't Hold Us song was OK the first couple times I heard it. Obviously it wound up being annoying. Kendrick Lamar is the worst, unlistenable garbage. That Backseat Freestyle song is some of the worst s*** I've ever heard that I was supposed to take seriously (the new Arcade Fire comes to mind as being worse, but not by much). So they both suck, which should shock absolutely nobody since rap has gone completely bereft of creativity.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
My god, the amount of racism towards Macklemore and Ryan Lewis right now because they won a few rap categories last night at the Grammy's is ridiculous. So many ignorant people who want to keep music segregated. I guess I missed the large uproar last night on Twitter with Darius Rucker won a country music award, huh?

Nah, it's because they suck. If you think they're good then you don't know good hip hop, bruh. Eminem has a s*** ton of grammys and there's no outcry over that because he's actually good...

Let's just keep in mind that whatever arguments about how good someone is aside, the Grammys have no rhyme or reason behind them and plenty of terrible people have won while some music legends never have.it's not even like the Oscars where you can at least figure out why they picked what they did usually.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
Let's just keep in mind that whatever arguments about how good someone is aside, the Grammys have no rhyme or reason behind them and plenty of terrible people have won while some music legends never have.it's not even like the Oscars where you can at least figure out why they picked what they did usually.

True. I don't get why people even care about the results of the Grammy's. Just enjoy the spectacular performances and shut the f*** up, everyone!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
I will go ahead and say that, though I truly do adore Macklemore/Ryan Lewis' effort (does that make me an idiot?), Kanye's album is on another level.

But he's a prick, so I don't care.

Yeezus is probably the album of the year, and it may not even be that close. He just obliterates it, the problem is its too edgy and there are no pop songs that the 14 year old crowd will get behind.

But that album is seriously freak show level, its Kanye's Dark Side of the Moon.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Yeezus is probably the album of the year, and it may not even be that close. He just obliterates it, the problem is its too edgy and there are no pop songs that the 14 year old crowd will get behind.

But that album is seriously freak show level, its Kanye's Dark Side of the Moon.

While his production was crazy, his flow has gotten somehow worse and the verses are terrible. He really ought to replace his ghost writers or get better ones. Much better when Lupe and Rhymefest were writing for him.

Kanye's never been the best at writing lyrics. I joke about how half the time he just rhymes the same word. Even when you go back to College Dropout, songs like Spaceship and Through The Wire use this technique.

I think his flow is different on Yeezus, but I dont think its worse. Its just very different, which is why I dont even know if its rap anymore.

Its just music and its amazingly dark and beautiful at the same time. And he has something to say, he just struggles to find the words, which is why its the music that speaks and strangely the words are almost background.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Kanye's never been the best at writing lyrics. I joke about how half the time he just rhymes the same word. Even when you go back to College Dropout, songs like Spaceship and Through The Wire use this technique.

I think his flow is different on Yeezus, but I dont think its worse. Its just very different, which is why I dont even know if its rap anymore.

Its just music and its amazingly dark and beautiful at the same time. And he has something to say, he just struggles to find the words, which is why its the music that speaks and strangely the words are almost background.

What I wouldn't do for a song like Spaceship and Through the Wire about something else beside hating himself and having sex and also he's the greatest and upset you don't say it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
What I wouldn't do for a song like Spaceship and Through the Wire about something else beside hating himself and having sex and also he's the greatest and upset you don't say it.

Imma let you finish, but Kanye's the best of all-time. 55g4h.png

• 2 weeks later...