Sign in to follow this  
Swingandalongonetoleft

2014 ♪♫ Thread

Rise Against is back.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Music Thread where no one really converses, we all just talk about what we like. :-D

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Rise Against is back.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Music Thread where no one really converses, we all just talk about what we like. :-D

I saw them open for Foo Fighters a few years ago. Good show.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
I saw them open for Foo Fighters a few years ago. Good show.

Greatest (Non Warped tour) show I've ever been to was Rise Against/Thrice/Gaslight Anthem/Alkaline Trio....Gonna be real hard to ever trump that for me.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 15, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
Greatest (Non Warped tour) show I've ever been to was Rise Against/Thrice/Gaslight Anthem/Alkaline Trio....Gonna be real hard to ever trump that for me.

I'm seeing Gaslight Anthem again in October. Can't wait. Against Me is opening, too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
4 Garth Brooks shows sold out in about 10 seconds today. It reminded me of trying to buy Sox ALCS & WS tickets in '05.

Brooks shows are straight up gold. People camped out for days to get tickets when he came to SIU in 97 or 98

Any vinyl collectors in here? I just bought the "super deluxe" editions of Zeppelin's first three albums that came out last month. Expensive but very nicely done. Their untitled fourth album and Houses of the Holy come out in October and the rest to follow after that. All in all it will be a very nice set once all the albums come out but will cost right around $1000 to get all nine.

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Super-D...in+super+deluxe

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Any vinyl collectors in here? I just bought the "super deluxe" editions of Zeppelin's first three albums that came out last month. Expensive but very nicely done. Their untitled fourth album and Houses of the Holy come out in October and the rest to follow after that. All in all it will be a very nice set once all the albums come out but will cost right around $1000 to get all nine.

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Super-D...in+super+deluxe

Love vinyl. I have a small collection of mostly collectible stuff, colored vinyl, etc.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
Love vinyl. I have a small collection of mostly collectible stuff, colored vinyl, etc.

That's the stuff that I mostly collect too. A lot of the Record Store Day stuff is pretty cool. I definitely go for quality over quantity. I've seen too many guys with 10,000 record collections in which 9900 of them are worthless garbage.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
That's the stuff that I mostly collect too. A lot of the Record Store Day stuff is pretty cool. I definitely go for quality over quantity. I've seen too many guys with 10,000 record collections in which 9900 of them are worthless garbage.

Yeah, I have all of Mars Volta's albums minus their first. All of Tool except 10,000 Days and Aenima, hoping they'll re-issue Aenima. All of A Perfect Circle, original pressing of Mer De Noms, re-issue and picture disc. The Radiohead discbox for In Rainbows and the newspaper album for King Of Limbs. A collector's box for one of UnderOath's albums. Lots of 7" box sets, one for AFI and one for The Prodigy. Glow in the dark vinyl of the last Mudvayne album that has artwork you can only see under a black light. A few Puscifer records. I just got the new Swans album on triple vinyl, only $30. I found Portishead's self titled album for only $13 at a record store near my house. Got the vinyl boxset for the Macklemore album which comes in a black alligator skin style box and on gold vinyl. Hoping one day to be able to get Mogwai's boxset for Rave Tapes and Mars Volta's De-Loused on either gold or silver vinyl. I should have ordered a copy of the re-issue. I could spend a fortune on that stuff if I had the money.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Yeah, I have all of Mars Volta's albums minus their first. All of Tool except 10,000 Days and Aenima, hoping they'll re-issue Aenima. All of A Perfect Circle, original pressing of Mer De Noms, re-issue and picture disc. The Radiohead discbox for In Rainbows and the newspaper album for King Of Limbs. A collector's box for one of UnderOath's albums. Lots of 7" box sets, one for AFI and one for The Prodigy. Glow in the dark vinyl of the last Mudvayne album that has artwork you can only see under a black light. A few Puscifer records. I just got the new Swans album on triple vinyl, only $30. I found Portishead's self titled album for only $13 at a record store near my house. Got the vinyl boxset for the Macklemore album which comes in a black alligator skin style box and on gold vinyl. Hoping one day to be able to get Mogwai's boxset for Rave Tapes and Mars Volta's De-Loused on either gold or silver vinyl. I should have ordered a copy of the re-issue. I could spend a fortune on that stuff if I had the money.

Neil Young is the main guy I collect. I have all but 4 of his albums and have multiple copies of some. All told between his solo work and his work with Crazy Horse, Buffalo Springfield and CSNY, I have 65 albums.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Neil Young is the main guy I collect. I have all but 4 of his albums and have multiple copies of some. All told between his solo work and his work with Crazy Horse, Buffalo Springfield and CSNY, I have 65 albums.

Not a fan of Young, but I understand the dedication.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
Not a fan of Young, but I understand the dedication.

Seems like people either love him or they hate him. Or they think he's okay. To quote Mitch Hedberg.

Watching the VMA's, when did these ugly women with fat asses become so popular? Nicki Minaj? Iggy Azalea? Yuck.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

Lol, my wife and I were saying Beyonce had everything but the stripper pole. And then she busts it out. With her like 3 year old daughter watching. Stay classy.

#getoffmylawn

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
Watching the VMA's, when did these ugly women with fat asses become so popular? Nicki Minaj? Iggy Azalea? Yuck.

I couldn't tell you who either one of those are or how they look, and I'm absolutely basking in my obliviousness. Not even going to google it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
Faith No More to release their 7th album, first in 18 years

Mike Patton should bring back Mr. Bungle instead. They were way better.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
Mike Patton should bring back Mr. Bungle instead. They were way better.

Both can be done :)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 06:03 PM)
Faith No More to release their 7th album, first in 18 years

F**ING SWEET!