2014 ♪♫ Thread

Swingandalongonetoleft

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 04:23 PM)
So U2's latest album is free on iTunes. One listen through and nothing stands out (maybe the first song is the strongest single). Sometimes it takes a few listens, but it mostly sounds like something that would be in the background in a movie.

Or free with the announcement of a new phone. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Fleetwood Mac was really good on Friday night. Christine McVie in particular - looked and sounded great for a 71-year-old making her return to the stage after a prolonged absence. You kind of forget how many hits they had. All in all, a fun night, other than having to endure the 4 drunk bimbos in front of us who wouldn't shut up - thank goodness they were a little to our right so their drunken "dancing" wasn't directly in front of us. The poor couple next to us left early because they didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Every time I end up trying to get tickets for a big event I'm amazed at how stupid the ticket purchase websites are. Standing in line at a local nordstrom ticketmaster booth was time consuming and dumb, but it was at least fair. Not having the web site work for 98% of the people who visit at all is just stupid.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
Pearl Jam played No Code Friday and Yield Monday in their entirety during their concerts. Not a big No Code fan but love Yield would have been cool to see.

I was lucky enough to be there Monday night. Other than Eddie Vedder wearing a Packers jersey, it was a great night.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
Foos at Wrigley 8/29/15.

Anyone seen a concert there? Is it any worse than any other outdoor stadium? I suppose the new video board can only help.

Never seen a concert there but definitely going to try today to get tix. Saw them when I was at SIU and was a blast.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
Foos at Wrigley 8/29/15.

Anyone seen a concert there? Is it any worse than any other outdoor stadium? I suppose the new video board can only help.

I saw Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen there.

Sound was fine, but Wrigley is really hard to move around in when it's totally filled up with people.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
Never seen a concert there but definitely going to try today to get tix. Saw them when I was at SIU and was a blast.

I was at that show. A little known three piece band named Muse opened up. To be completely honest, I was ready to leave when the Chili Peppers took the stage, Foo Fighters blew them away

The fact that Cheap Trick and Naked Raygun are opening up at Wrigley is tremendous, That show is going to be awesome. I watched "Foo Fighters Sonic Highways" the other day and it was really awesome, i loved the respect towards those bands, Steve Albini, and Chicago

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
Pearl Jam played No Code Friday and Yield Monday in their entirety during their concerts. Not a big No Code fan but love Yield would have been cool to see.

I went to Milwaukee, but I had Moline slip right through my fingers at checkout (ticketmaster). It was very painful for me to see what I missed on setlist.fm afterwards. No Code and Yield are my favorite of their catalog, so I'm glad to have been present for at least one of them.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
Cheap Trick

I don't have anything against Cheap Trick, but I've probably seen them 5 or 6 times at this point purely by way of them happening to be an opener for the band that I'm there to see. I just about sat down when Eddie Vedder announced that "an Illinois legend" would be joining them for a song this past Monday at Milwaukee and it ended up being Rick Nielsen. It was an

, and it kick-started a show that started off a bit slow, but I'm starting to worry that Cheap Trick is going to pop out of my radio while I'm driving one of these days.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)

Sounds fine. Only one stand that serves beer that's not garbage, which means waiting in line 30 minutes for an IPA or Shock Top.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
I've never actually been to Wrigley as far as I can remember. Would that be worth it?

I've been to a couple is sox games there. It's a dump. I'd think that even if I didn't hate them. I don't get the love.

But Foo is my favorite band for the past decade at least so I'm in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)
I've been to a couple is sox games there. It's a dump. I'd think that even if I didn't hate them. I don't get the love.

But Foo is my favorite band for the past decade at least so I'm in.

As someone who doesn't hate the Cubs, but has been to Wrigley a few times, it IS a dump. I've sat everywhere but behind home or in the bleachers. Even as far as skyboxes go, it was barely luxurious. As opposed to a Sox game where the skybox level is on it's own level with very nice hallways and bathrooms and lounge areas, the Cubs skyboxes come out to a catwalk above the other ramps where the 100 level people are. The box itself was very small. I think it only had 10 seats opposed to 15 at The Cell. It was pretty forgettable.