Food thread

witesoxfan

People like food, so let's start a thread.

In September, while I was in Minneapolis for a bachelor party, I ran into Scotch eggs. I fell in love. Hadn't thought of them until last night for whatever reason, but I got an intense craving. So, I made a dozen Scotch eggs last night for co-workers today. I also had one last night.

Mother of god.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
Can we use this as a diet thread as well? I was about to start one particularly because I had a friend convince me to try the Paleo diet for the rest of the month.

Is your friend a cross fitter? They live and die by that thing.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
Is your friend a cross fitter. They live and die by that thing.

Yeah and frankly his progress is crap, but it makes sense and I already tried something similar this year with lots of protein and veggies. Ill give it a whirl.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
I've had five guys once and absolutely loved it, you'd think I'd go back more often.

I didnt understand the draw and I had been a HUGE in N Out biggot. Moved to OP, started hitting up Mickeys since I loved the one on the south side. One day Mickeys was packed so I walked down to Five Guys. Holy s*** is it good. The burger is In N Out quality but with actual fries that are GOOD. I like the customization possibilities and its affordable. What a great place.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
Yeah and frankly his progress is crap, but it makes sense and I already tried something similar this year with lots of protein and veggies. Ill give it a whirl.

The fiancee is on the Whole 30 diet, which is pretty similar to paleo I think. I've been eating it for dinner all this week (and since I have a salad every day at work for lunch, I am pretty much on the diet with her, although I refuse to give up booze). Not bad at all.

Five Guys has amazing fries and a large order can feed an entire family. Their burgers are decent.

Also, porchetta has become one of my favorite foods. I'm only had it a few times, but it's amazing. I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 07:46 AM)
I have been making homemade pizzas for the last couple months, after a lot of trial and error I really have a good system now. Last time I even made my own sauce and it turned out awesome

Google the Mozza pizza dough recipe... It is heavenly

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
Edzo's Burgers. I loved 5 Guys until I hit this place. It makes 5 Guys seem like Mickey D's. The original is in Evanston. The newer one is at Lincoln and Webster.

I kept seeing that pop up on yelp, I'll have to check it out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
Man, that is like 10 extra steps and ingredients, lol. I will have to try that sometime when i am feeling bold

An ex of mine used to make it for me...trust me, it is worth it...most of it is just giving the dough more time, if I remember correctly.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
I kept seeing that pop up on yelp, I'll have to check it out.

If you are in Rogers Park, you should hit the Evanston location and get a charburger which is made on a grill I believe. It's thicker and you have it prepared like you wish. If you are looking to gain a few pounds, their fries are outstanding and come several ways, although one order is good for mulitple people. Their shakes are awesome as well. They don't have charburgers at Lincoln Park, just griddle burgers which are 5 guys, Steak and Shake style. The Evanston shop is a couple blocks from the Davis stop on the Purple line.

Edited by Dick Allen