SN Report: Sox Announce Tentative 2003 Schedule

Molto

http://www.soxnet.net/schedule2003.html

Sox Announce Tentative 2003 Schedule

SN Report #344 - By Mark Jacobsen - September 25th 2002 - www.soxnet.net

The White Sox released a tentative copy of their 2003 schedule on Tuesday. There are some interesting match-ups set for the upcoming season, one of which includes a visit from home run king Barry Bonds and the San Francisco Giants on June 10th - 12th.

The 2002 season will kick-off on March 31st in Kansas City against Mike Sweeny and the Royals. This will be the 11th season in a row that Sox have started on the road. From Kansas City the Sox travel home to face the Detroit Tigers in their home opener on April 4th.

As it's been these past two seasons, the Sox will see a steady diet of American League Central teams, facing each club 19 times.

As for the cross-town classic, the Cubs and the Sox will face each other the customary 6 times. The first series being at Wrigley from June 20th to the 22nd, and then a week later the south-siders invite their neighbors to the north for a duel at Comiskey.

It should be an interesting July in Chicago, as Comiskey Park will play host to the 75th meeting of AL versus NL in the 2003 Major League All-star game.

Some other important dates include:

April 25-27: First series against the 2002 Central Champion Twins.

June 3-5: The White Sox visit Randy Johnson and the DiamondBacks.

June 16-19: Nomar Garciaparra and the Red Sox come to town for a 4-game set.

August 11-14: White Sox travel to Anaheim for a 4-game set against Troy Glaus and the Angels.

September 11-14: Sox play host to the Twins in a late season match-up that could be vital.

September 22-24: Jason Giambi and the Yankees come to town.

August 11-14: White Sox travel to Anaheim for a 4-game set against Troy Glaus and the Angels.

They always do this to me. I wish I could get 2 series here so I could see the Sox come into town twice. I guess I have to make sure I go to 3 of those games.

Heck, I notice they play in Arizona so I'll be tempted to drive to Arizona for a day and check out their new stadium and see the Sox.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

The Sox Come to Dodger Stadium.  Hey ChisoxCali, this should be great for you, since you live right by the stadium or will once you get back from Miami.

Sweet, they play in Arizona, LA, and Anaheim.  I aught to see at least 4 or 5 Sox games.  I'm pumped now!!!

f*** YES!!!!! I'm so f***ing excited, that I don't have to go to Anaheim this season, though if I have the funds I may go again we'll see. But I'm pumped!!!!!!!! June 6-8, I'm soooo there!!! You gonna go to Dodger Stadium?

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Hell Ya.  I know my dad will be pumped when his beloved Dodgers play my White Sox.

Him a Dodger fan of 50 yrs, me a Sox fan of 14-15 yrs.

Its going to be so cool.  Hopefully that is the weekend I get out of college, that way Its not right during my finals.

sweet we'll have to hook up at the ballpark. I'm sure that I will be going to all 3 games...

Guest hotsoxchick1

OUCH... going to be a very cold opening day.. i think we will change the tailgate to a bonfire......lol.. anyone remember when the last time we had snow on opening day was.....

As for the cross-town classic, the Cubs and the Sox will face each other the customary 6 times. The first series being at Wrigley from June 20th to the 22nd, and then a week later the south-siders invite their neighbors to the north for a duel at Comiskey.

I don't know how much my heart can take, having these series so close together!

Hey Jason, You better set a bet with your dad, because you can win some good money!