2014 Tennis Thread

Brian

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 11:25 AM)
Pretty epic choke by Djok right there. Celebrated too early. No way he wins this 5th set.

This has been an incredibly well played match. I hope Fed pulls through because he doesn't have many chances left at winning Grand Slams.

Shocked Novak pulled it out. He sometimes checks out mentally. Nice bounce back in the 5th,

I fear Roger may not be appreciated in time like he should be just because he is so quiet and not flashy.

• 1 month later...

I had an amazing time on Friday at US Open. Best match was granollers vs ivo karlovic or Venus Williams match. I caught wozniacki vs petkovic at the grandstand which was a bit of a breezy win for woz but was my only match at the grandstand which was sooo awesome. Also caught tail end of Taylor Townsend and Donald youngs mixed doubles match.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
I had an amazing time on Friday at US Open. Best match was granollers vs ivo karlovic or Venus Williams match. I caught wozniacki vs petkovic at the grandstand which was a bit of a breezy win for woz but was my only match at the grandstand which was sooo awesome. Also caught tail end of Taylor Townsend and Donald youngs mixed doubles match.

I'd like to go sometime. Would probably pass out being in the same vicinity of Sharapova but whatevs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)

That sounds awesome. I've always wanted to hit up a tennis tourney, one of these years I'll finally get to Indian Wells. I'm in the area twice a year anyway, just haven't been able to time it with the tourney yet.

Honestly, I highly recommend. We saw parts or wholes of 5-6 matches. I'd definitely go the 1st or 2nd weekend (preferably 2nd, where there is still a ton of tennis but better matchups).

So about $78 for a ticket and we saw all that, stayed at night to watch roger on TV outside the stadium. I can't think of anything else like that in major sports, beside the Olympics.

I thought the same v. Djokovich. I was really bummed for a bit, I was really hoping for 1 last major for Federer this year, but at least wanted a semis/final match.

It was hard watching Monfils just lose it like that. His high points and erratic concentration, drinking of cocacola, doing "no look" shots despite there being no way that would affect an opponents sight line make him the most interesting tennis player. Just so bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 11:03 PM)
In the past two days I have sat 10 feet away from Maria Sharapova and Rafael Nadal and talked to them.

Dear god.

Whats Maria like? How does she smell? Is her skin soft? Does her rear look as good in person? 😻