Batting Order Options

Jose Abreu

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
I see it done a lot - even by the professional media - so I mean not to call anybody out, but I just so happened to see Joe do it which brought it to mind...

It's actually the Rule 5 draft, not Rule V. Semantics I know, but it's better to be correct than incorrect. The Rule 4 draft is the First Year Player Draft.

I'm also sure it won't be the last time I do this too.

I am calling it the Rule 五 draft to spite you

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
I see it done a lot - even by the professional media - so I mean not to call anybody out, but I just so happened to see Joe do it which brought it to mind...

It's actually the Rule 5 draft, not Rule V. Semantics I know, but it's better to be correct than incorrect. The Rule 4 draft is the First Year Player Draft.

I'm also sure it won't be the last time I do this too.

Excuse me? I think you mean the Rule-IV draft.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Here's something crazy I saw on FB. Someone suggested:

1. Eaton (CF)

2. Viciedo (LF)

3. Garcia (RF)

4. Abreu (1B)

5. Ramirez (SS)

6. Dunn (DH)

7. Flowers ©

8. Beckham (2B)

9. Gillaspie (3B)

Hahaha I cannot imagine a worse 2-hole hitter than Dayan Viciedo.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 28, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
By the time they get to opening day, I hope it's something like this, unless they get another catcher:

1. Eaton - CF

2. Ramirez - SS

3. Abreu - 1B

4. Dunn - DH

5. Garcia - RF

6. Viciedo - LF

7. Davidson - 3B

8. Flowers - C

9. Beckham - 2B

Bench- Konerko 1B/DH, Danks OF, Garcia IF/OF, Nieto C (rooting for Nieto to be good enough to keep)

Move De Aza, Keppinger, and Gillaspie by opening day.

Teams don't usually make a bunch of moves during spring training. You may see players released or traded for cash but I don't think Hahn will dump these guys. My guess is you will see one traded for catching and 2 will be kept going into season.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
Teams don't usually make a bunch of moves during spring training. You may see players released or traded for cash but I don't think Hahn will dump these guys. My guess is you will see one traded for catching and 2 will be kept going into season.

I see them keeping ADA til midseason, barring an injury related need that arises for a team in ST. I also think that Gilaspinger's fate may depend on an evaluation of Davidson around mid-March - if he's killing it in ST, for instance, and appears nothing but ready, the team would look rather Pennywise in bringing Kepp north in his stead. Fans, like me, would be plenty ticked.

Keppinger has so little value that I think we end up considering him insurance for Davidson doesn't look ready, and we simply DFA him and eat the salary if we have to. $4m/yr is nothing to sneeze at, but isn't enough to stand in the way of prospect development; there's more than that at stake for doing it wrong.

Nieto has quite the uphill climb offensively to get a job here..has to beat out the 2013 OPSes of .520 and .600

In all seriousness though - I think he'll get an honest look and fair shot. Sure he came cheap but everything they're doing this year points to them willing to get creative to get and keep organizationally-healthy people here for a few years at the cost of current wins.

We'll see that reflected in the eventual ADA trade, I would think.

Edited by Jose Paniagua