2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
How noble of Notre Dame. They're such a classy university and have such integrity. 😏

This doesn't happen at other schools because it would be swept under the rug. That seems pretty classy to me.

The players would miss the first quarter of the first game if this happened at Alabama.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
OK, this doesn't sound terribly believable to me, but I'm hearing from several people that this involves a female tutor writing papers for many students, only a few of whom are football players, in exchange for sex.

A female tutor is writing papers for students (including non-athletes) and giving them sex? I hope the papers aren't about economics, because that is one dumb tutor.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
OK, this doesn't sound terribly believable to me, but I'm hearing from several people that this involves a female tutor writing papers for many students, only a few of whom are football players, in exchange for sex.

Wait -- the students/football players were having sex with the tutor AND she was writing their papers? This seems backwards....

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)
This doesn't happen at other schools because it would be swept under the rug. That seems pretty classy to me.

The players would miss the first quarter of the first game if this happened at Alabama.

I read about schools doing self sanctions a lot. Michigan and Ohio State have. It's not new. It's to keep from a bigger NCAA punishment.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:38 PM)
I read about schools doing self sanctions a lot. Michigan and Ohio State have. It's not new. It's to keep from a bigger NCAA punishment.

Cheating on papers is slightly different then what OSU sanctioned themselves for.

Wait -- the students/football players were having sex with the tutor AND she was writing their papers? This seems backwards....

That is why I said that I find it not to be believable, yet a couple people that I really trust for their info are telling me this.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
The university has plenty of integrity. Their football coach and many of they players he has brought in have none.

ND has this as the #1 story on their website. It's swept under the rug at most schools.

Integrity? Right. But we've been through this before. Yes, ND doesn't sweep anything under the rug.

Good for you ND, good for you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
Welp, rumor has it Braxton Miller out for season with shoulder injury.

As much as I hate your school, that sucks if true. Seems like a good kid who is exciting to watch outside of one game a year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
What happened to the QB that subbed in for him last year, did he graduate? He seemed to be an adequate replacement.

Yes he was a 5th year. JT Barrett will be starting. He was a highly ranked QB in the 2013 class.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
Yes he was a 5th year. JT Barrett will be starting. He was a highly ranked QB in the 2013 class.

And it was down to JT Barrett or Aaron Bailey (our backup), weird to think if he chose OSU he may have been starting now. Saw that pointed out yesterday.

Big 10 should be interesting in the wake of this injury. Quite a few teams who should contend for the top spots. That said, none of the teams will contend for a NC or at least I don't expect them to. Quality of league is well behind Pac 10 and SEC. Still expect OSU to be one of the top teams, given the strengths of their defense, however, they were the only team that would have had some shot at the NC, imo, and those chances are gone, barring the injury not being as serious as all of us believe it is.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
And it was down to JT Barrett or Aaron Bailey (our backup), weird to think if he chose OSU he may have been starting now. Saw that pointed out yesterday.

We actually have Cardale Jones as an older more experienced backup but JT surpassed him on the depth chart, so not necessarily.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
Big 10 should be interesting in the wake of this injury. Quite a few teams who should contend for the top spots. That said, none of the teams will contend for a NC or at least I don't expect them to. Quality of league is well behind Pac 10 and SEC. Still expect OSU to be one of the top teams, given the strengths of their defense, however, they were the only team that would have had some shot at the NC, imo, and those chances are gone, barring the injury not being as serious as all of us believe it is.

It's that serious, they are already talking about his redshirt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)

If Michigan State can win at Oregon on Sept. 6, they would definitely be in the playoff talk with a conference championship, even with a loss in a weaker conference.