2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)
i think Fitzgerald is going to have to step back and realize that the golden boy luster CAN wear off, and stop having some of the bizarre press conferences he has had the past couple years.

I don't think I've ever heard a coach make as many excuses for a loss as Fitzgerald has for their loss to Cal.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting in 2022. Announced two games now but I'm hearing it most likely will be four. The other two may be neutral site.

My source in the ND athletic department has a new position and doesn't get any of the good inside info any more. He had heard that there were discussions with OSU, but there are discussions with lots of teams.

I hope one of the neutral site games is Ford Field. What could possibly piss off Michigan fans more than Notre Dame and Ohio State playing a big game in their back yard?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
My source in the ND athletic department has a new position and doesn't get any of the good inside info any more. He had heard that there were discussions with OSU, but there are discussions with lots of teams.

I hope one of the neutral site games is Ford Field. What could possibly piss off Michigan fans more than Notre Dame and Ohio State playing a big game in their back yard?

The thought I'm hearing is NFL stadiums in Midwest like soldier field etc. it would be awesome.

We also scheduled Texas for those years as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
I meant I hate Yankees stadium and Cowboys Stadium. I understand from a ratings/recruiting standpoint but I'd rather see marquee games for the Big Ten stay in the midwest.

I wonder though how much a stadium site drives ratings? Once the ball's in the air, the field is the same color and size and wouldn't seem to influence the broadcast enough to induce casual fans to tune in who wouldn't otherwise.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

I wonder though how much a stadium site drives ratings? Once the ball's in the air, the field is the same color and size and wouldn't seem to influence the broadcast enough to induce casual fans to tune in who wouldn't otherwise.

When ND played Army in Yankee stadium, it was one of the highest rated games of the season, despite Army being arguably the worst opponent.

But I agree with Rock that the game should be in the Midwest. Ford Field, Lucas Oil, Soldier Field being the three most likely candidates.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
When ND played Army in Yankee stadium, it was one of the highest rated games of the season, despite Army being arguably the worst opponent.

But I agree with Rock that the game should be in the Midwest. Ford Field, Lucas Oil, Soldier Field being the three most likely candidates.

Wrigley Field? :P