2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
I guess so. Both looked pretty dominant yesterday. Imagine if they are both 11-0 going into the Egg Bowl.

My buddy's girlfriend's uncle(dog's sisters friend) used to play for Ole Miss back in the day so my buddy has tickets for that game. When he got them before the season, he just thought it'd be a whatever game and now he might be going to the game of the year, pretty sweet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
I understand why they are good, but I still find it funny that Alabama and Mississippi are the center of the football universe of all states.

Ole Miss has bought and paid for a majority of their team, they are already under investigation.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
Ole Miss has bought and paid for a majority of their team, they are already under investigation.

Man, you must be an Illinois fan with accusations like that! I do remember seeing those pictures of Laquon Treadwell flashing a bunch of money and thinking he should be a little more careful with social media.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
Man, you must be an Illinois fan with accusations like that! I do remember seeing those pictures of Laquon Treadwell flashing a bunch of money and thinking he should be a little more careful with social media.

I mean, when you (seemingly) randomly land the top recruiting class in the country coming off a 5-7 season or something like that, either something is up or everyone believes something is up.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)

It's not an accusation, it's pretty well known. They have a 2-3 year window here before Freeze bolts and the program tanks because of sanctions. The question is whether it's worth it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
It's been far, far too long before another Winston controversy popped up, so here you go:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...ston-autographs

Almost 1000 signed items authenticated from a signing. You are telling me he did that for free?

I bet this only effects his baseball season.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 12:40 AM)
I bet he's out this weekend but gets reinstated Monday

Much more likely he's benched following the game while the "investigation continues". FSU has no more ranked teams after ND until presumably the playoffs so it would give them time to attempt to clear him while they have much easier opponents

You just have to wonder at what point the HC says "f*** it, its all worth it" and goes down the rabbit hole for a player like this. Chizik never really recovered after Cam left and isnt coaching anymore(at the moment, of course), and Cam didnt even get busted for anything like Winston has. College football is a strange beast

I hope Winston plays Saturday. I'm probably in the minority of ND fans, but I don't want ND to go 12-0 after beating a Winston-less FSU and beating Michigan, Stanford, Louisville and USC teams that are all far worse than we thought before the season started. Either win or lose against FSU at their best, and then accept the ranking that actually reflects their team's performance. If ND isn't good enough to beat FSU with Winston, then they aren't good enough to beat the SEC Champion in the playoff, and I'd rather go win the Orange Bowl than get blown out in a playoff game.

That said, if Winston is suspended for some reason, I'm still rooting for ND to win of course.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:05 AM)
I hope Winston plays Saturday. I'm probably in the minority of ND fans, but I don't want ND to go 12-0 after beating a Winston-less FSU and beating Michigan, Stanford, Louisville and USC teams that are all far worse than we thought before the season started. Either win or lose against FSU at their best, and then accept the ranking that actually reflects their team's performance. If ND isn't good enough to beat FSU with Winston, then they aren't good enough to beat the SEC Champion in the playoff, and I'd rather go win the Orange Bowl than get blown out in a playoff game.

That said, if Winston is suspended for some reason, I'm still rooting for ND to win of course.

He will play. Jimbo is relying on a liar telling him the truth. I think everyone will be in NDs corner this weekend.

He will play. Jimbo is relying on a liar telling him the truth. I think everyone will be in NDs corner this weekend.

I don't need everyone to be in NDs corner this weekend, just somebody who can figure out how to get Golson to stop fumbling.

Todd Gurley is back at practice and there's rumblings he will be reinstated by Saturday. No proof he took money. I think the same is going to apply to Winston. While it's significantly more likely these two took money for their autographs rather than not, the burden of proving it is difficult without pictures/videos.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
Todd Gurley is back at practice and there's rumblings he will be reinstated by Saturday. No proof he took money. I think the same is going to apply to Winston. While it's significantly more likely these two took money for their autographs rather than not, the burden of proving it is difficult without pictures/videos.

I saw the opposite. That Gurley is in real trouble and may hav actually told the truth.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 05:35 AM)
You just have to wonder at what point the HC says "f*** it, its all worth it" and goes down the rabbit hole for a player like this. Chizik never really recovered after Cam left and isnt coaching anymore(at the moment, of course), and Cam didnt even get busted for anything like Winston has. College football is a strange beast

Probably had more to do with the fact that Chizik wasn't a very good coach.

The ND announcements are coming out.

Devaris Daniels is apparently leaving the school.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...1014-story.html

Twitter says Williams done at least for year.

All five are out for the season. Russell and Williams have said they will come back next year. Daniels has said he isn't coming back.

From what I have heard this case was not nearly as clear-cut as the previous Everett Golson and Jerian Grant cases. Both Golson and Grant pretty much admitted they screwed up, but Russell has been pretty adamant that his actions were within the rules.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)

I hope FSU rolls ND.

FSU is going to get theirs eventually, no reason to root for ND.