2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
How do you make Barrett sit on the bench next year? Can he or Miller play WR or something?

Urb needs to give Miller the "do you want to play in the NFL?" talk and try to make him into a slot guy or something.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
How do you make Barrett sit on the bench next year? Can he or Miller play WR or something?

You just do, he's a redshirt freshman and Miller is always an injury risk.

And no, JTB is not even remotely quick enough to be a WR.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
Boers and Bernstein with some good talk about the U of I football hiring Board wants a minority and the AD really has to be careful how he proceeds.

B&B shouldn't be listened to with regarding U of I sports, particularly with how bad they botched the last coaching search. The trustees who complained the last time aren't around for the most part and the one who is doesn't seem to actually care and was just following along. Doubt it will be much of a factor. Mike Thomas should be more worried about his job if he fails to find a winning coach.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
B&B shouldn't be listened to with regarding U of I sports, particularly with how bad they botched the last coaching search. The trustees who complained the last time aren't around for the most part and the one who is doesn't seem to actually care and was just following along. Doubt it will be much of a factor. Mike Thomas should be more worried about his job if he fails to find a winning coach.

I actually do think that if things are equal or close to equal Illinois needs to hire a minority coach just to get rid of the perception some people have. The problem is that outside of Babers there aren't a ton of good minority candidates for Illinois. And agree on Thomas. I like Groce and his hiring record and Cincy was stellar but if he fails on a second football coach at Illinois he is gone.

And it really sucks but I hope Illinois loses every football game until Beckman is fired. I just don't want there to be any chance he is brought back. If he is brought back Thomas should be fired this offseason as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
6'3" slot WR with a rocket arm? 2 time conference player of the year at QB.

Didn't realize he was 6'3 but he isn't going to play QB in the NFL.

Edit---maybe Miller should be the one who initiates that conversation. Meyer has no obligation to worry about Miller's future, his job is to try to get to 12 or 13 wins next season.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
Didn't realize he was 6'3 but he isn't going to play QB in the NFL.

Edit---maybe Miller should be the one who initiates that conversation. Meyer has no obligation to worry about Miller's future, his job is to try to get to 12 or 13 wins next season.

Says who? He has a plus plus arm and OSU finally has a WR core. I bet he throw up insane numbers next season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
I actually do think that if things are equal or close to equal Illinois needs to hire a minority coach just to get rid of the perception some people have. The problem is that outside of Babers there aren't a ton of good minority candidates for Illinois. And agree on Thomas. I like Groce and his hiring record and Cincy was stellar but if he fails on a second football coach at Illinois he is gone.

And it really sucks but I hope Illinois loses every football game until Beckman is fired. I just don't want there to be any chance he is brought back. If he is brought back Thomas should be fired this offseason as well.

The problem with Babers is that Bowling Green has gotten a lot worse since he's arrived. In addition to that, I have to imagine there's a reason he hasn't gotten much of a shot as a HC yet since he got his first coordinating gig about 15 years ago. Wouldn't be extremely mad about the hire, but I wouldn't be excited at all for it either.

So Tim Beckman....Reilly O'toole is up 14-0 on 8 of 9 passing from him...80 yards throwing, 46 running. 2 tds.

And you take him out for Aaron Bailey.

Don't get me wrong, since we burned Bailey's RS, I want him to play. But Beckman does not have the same motivations as me. This is a move a brain dead coach makes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Still want to turn Miller into a WR?

With Barrett on my fantasy team, today I learned his last 4 opponents were all ranked 90th or worse in defense, that puts his hot streak in perspective a little more.

It's hard to stay awake, but the Pac 12 is so entertaining night in and night out.