2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
I believe the OSU v Bama game was the highest rated TV program ever. Why mess with success?

LOL, I think you are missing an adjective or two next to highest rated, but it is getting messed with by moving it to New Years Eve.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
The 2nd round of the playoffs is 11 days earlier next year?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
I don't understand the question?

Wait, I didn't understand the statement either. Next year the semifinals "aren't" the Rose and sugar bowls?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
Wait, I didn't understand the statement either. Next year the semifinals "aren't" the Rose and sugar bowls?

Nope, there is a 3 year cycle for the six bowls. Next year it's the Orange & Cotton Bowls. The following year it's the Fiesta & Peach Bowls. Then back to Rose/Sugar.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
Nope, there is a 3 year cycle for the six bowls. Next year it's the Orange & Cotton Bowls. The following year it's the Fiesta & Peach Bowls. Then back to Rose/Sugar.

Every bowl "Group" needed to get theirs, so the only solution was to rotate. Personally I think the Rose/Sugar may be the best combo. The peach, cotton and Orange arent my favorite.

Every bowl "Group" needed to get theirs, so the only solution was to rotate. Personally I think the Rose/Sugar may be the best combo. The peach, cotton and Orange arent my favorite.

I miss the days when the Cotton and Citrus were on at 1pm, the Rose and Fiesta at 4:30 and the Orange and Sugar at 8:00. That was the best day of the year back when they did it that way.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
I miss the days when the Cotton and Citrus were on at 1pm, the Rose and Fiesta at 4:30 and the Orange and Sugar at 8:00. That was the best day of the year back when they did it that way.

Watching the sunset over the Rose bowl is literally amazing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
I hope ND makes the playoffs every year, but especially in the Rose Bowl years because that's on my bucket list.

I will forever be grateful of Ron Zook for giving me the chance to see my school play in the Rose Bowl. Despite the slaughter on the field, it was such an awesome experience.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
I hope ND makes the playoffs every year, but especially in the Rose Bowl years because that's on my bucket list.

Cant beat getting either the Rose or Sugar- Rose bowl for its history or New Orleans.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
Cant beat getting either the Rose or Sugar- Rose bowl for its history or New Orleans.

I have gone to watch Illinois "play" in both. Yeah, I'm special . . .