2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 06:45 PM)
Manziel's replacement looks pretty damned good. 31 to 14 A&M.

Didn't see that coming at all, impressive. 511 yards on 52 points on the road. The Old Ball Coach may be looking for a new DC tomorrow.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
Hayden Fry had the visitor locker room at Kinnick Stadium painted pink in 1979. It has remained pink ever since. Tomorrow an Iowa professor will be organizing a protest saying it is sexist and homophobic.

Sigh, our society sucks so hard.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 06:39 AM)
Vanderbilt lost 37-7 at home....to Temple. So much for the Derek Mason hype.

Vanderbilt also almost lost a timeout per quarter because their jerseys said "anchor down" as the last name, and the coaching staff had to dig up an email that proved the NCAA approved the jerseys.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/e...or-down-jerseys

Vanderbilt also almost lost a timeout per quarter because their jerseys said "anchor down" as the last name, and the coaching staff had to dig up an email that proved the NCAA approved the jerseys.

Lucky for Vanderbilt that the IRS doesn't manage their email system.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 03:32 PM)
Tommy Rees is the only player I can think of arrested in the past few years.

No doubt arrests are infrequent there compared to other places, but Will Mahone was arrested and kicked out just this summer. Clausen and Calabrese had minor but highly-publicized alcohol arrests, and there was a player named "Hand" arrested for soliciting a hooker in the Charlie Weis era (that one I remember because of the jokes that he should have used it).

There was also a TE arrested for having weed in his car (but I think he got that charge dismissed by blaming his girlfriend).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 11:04 AM)
B1G! Went on the road and beat the guy who should be Illinois's head coach.

I admit I was intrigued when he was unemployed, but Mike Leach makes my skin crawl.

Man, South Carolina put one of the worst defensive performances you will see last night. They were beat at pretty much every position. They didn't get much pass pressure and everyone in their secondary got beat seemingly every play. Hill was very good, but made a few mistakes early that didn't cost them because the offense was so dominant. He ran that offense very well though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
Man, South Carolina put one of the worst defensive performances you will see last night. They were beat at pretty much every position. They didn't get much pass pressure and everyone in their secondary got beat seemingly every play. Hill was very good, but made a few mistakes early that didn't cost them because the offense was so dominant. He ran that offense very well though.

if you cant get to the QB then offenses like TAMU will run wild on you.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 29, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)

Has a team done this yet and not gotten blown the f*** out?