2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My source on this is gold as well so it's very likely.

ND has big alumni bases in both NY and TX, so those sites make perfect sense from that standpoint. I don't know as much about OSU, but I would think their alumni base would be more national than the typical state university, plus both teams would love to get up close and personal with those Texas HS recruits.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
ND has big alumni bases in both NY and TX, so those sites make perfect sense from that standpoint. I don't know as much about OSU, but I would think their alumni base would be more national than the typical state university, plus both teams would love to get up close and personal with those Texas HS recruits.

OSU is either the largest or second largest school in the country and they travel well. It would be a huge game.

Of course by then who knows what the college football world will look like. We scheduled this VT game in 2001

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
I'm sure it's too small but an OSU/ND game there would be one of the hottest tickets ever in Chicago. And I would stay a minimum 50 miles away from Wrigleyville.

Gee, what gives you that idea?

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
Haha, I was referring to the attendance factor, I totally forgot about the whole too small end zone problem.

Can only play one direction problem. Horrible mistake

Looks like its a bidding war anyway so count out chicago

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
Haha, I was referring to the attendance factor, I totally forgot about the whole too small end zone problem.

End zone was big enough, but you only had from here..................to here from the end zone to the back wall.

#NUFAIL

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
End zone was big enough, but you only had from here..................to here from the end zone to the back wall.

#NUFAIL

I remember watching that with ILL fans and they were in an uproar about injuries at first. It was the dumbest.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
When ND played Army in Yankee stadium, it was one of the highest rated games of the season, despite Army being arguably the worst opponent.

But I agree with Rock that the game should be in the Midwest. Ford Field, Lucas Oil, Soldier Field being the three most likely candidates.

Well, football in a baseball park is a bit of a novelty, so I guess can understand that, but yeah, its ridiculous (and a bit insulting, actually) to play a regular season game between Midwestern powers anywhere else.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Are Mizzou fans scared of this Toledo game this week? I understand that Mizzou lost a ton of starters from last year, but the talent discrepancy with Toledo alone should have the line above -3.5. Just wanted to get some insight.

Mizzou fans are convinced they'll lose every game, but yes, I think every mizzou fan has this game circled, moreso than UCF, as the non-con that will bite them.

Missouri starts slow, which I think is part of the fact that the school recruits 3stars and "coaches em up", but it takes them a while to succeed in the season. The offense looked bad, but the coaches rarely give up anything in the non con games. I think that changes vs. Toledo, because I do think they are terrified.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Mizzou fans are convinced they'll lose every game, but yes, I think every mizzou fan has this game circled, moreso than UCF, as the non-con that will bite them.

Missouri starts slow, which I think is part of the fact that the school recruits 3stars and "coaches em up", but it takes them a while to succeed in the season. The offense looked bad, but the coaches rarely give up anything in the non con games. I think that changes vs. Toledo, because I do think they are terrified.

Not Indiana?! :P

I'm assuming the line for that one will be around -10 to -14 for Mizzou.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
Someday Illinois will hire a football coach who isn't a f***ing moron.

That 4th & goal killed me. If they didn't notice on the previous play, when you force all 22 players in between the hashmarks, there won't be much room to advance the ball, especially when offensive line play isn't your strong suit. I'm not saying go 5 wide, but they need to spread it out a bit.