2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
So when is a bowl game a referendum on a conference and team as opposed to a team not being motivated

There've been lots of years where we've indicted the Big 10, probably appropriately, based on generally crappy bowl game performances, so I'm kinda happy with today so far.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
So when is a bowl game a referendum on a conference and team as opposed to a team not being motivated

Bowl games are entertainment only unless a championship is on the line.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)

Starting in 2006 when OSU got curb stomped. That's when the modern day conference love started. I don't agree with it. Bowl games are crap shoots if you aren't playing for anything

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 05:33 PM)
I think he will be a massive bust. Winston will be a far better pro.

Mully and Hanley asked Greg Gabriel about him, and GG was not impressed at all. Said he is mediocre to bad mid range to long range throwing the ball

Now it's time for Ohio St to take care of business and pull off the upset. It won't happen, but a guy can dream. I just don't see any way a 3rd string QB stands a chance against Saban-led defense with a month of preparation.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 1, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
Now it's time for Ohio St to take care of business and pull off the upset. It won't happen, but a guy can dream. I just don't see any way a 3rd string QB stands a chance against Saban-led defense with a month of preparation.

JT would certainly help here. Ohio state is here about a year too early.