2014-2015 NCAA football thread

What was with the weird harping on Elliot choosing OSU over Missouri? He chose OSU like right away, and had one half-hearted visit after he verbally accepted there. It didn't appear to even be a difficult decision for him...

also the way we use rbs was probably way less attractive.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
Cardale should declare.

He is pretty old for a college QB and no guarantee he starts next year. Probably would be a mid round pick given his size and arm.

His raw tools are insane. Dude reminds me of Cam.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
What was with the weird harping on Elliot choosing OSU over Missouri? He chose OSU like right away, and had one half-hearted visit after he verbally accepted there. It didn't appear to even be a difficult decision for him...

also the way we use rbs was probably way less attractive.

There are actually articles and videos on it and what sold him on OSU and what turned his parents. His Dad is one of the largest OSU supporters out there and actively participates in organizing trips etc with other parents.

The #4 seed just won the national title in a year where the #5 team had a pretty legitimate argument for not staying home too.

And the #8 seed lost to both teams that played in the title game. They had no business being in any playoff. If you can find a way that the teams with byes aren't disadvantaged by the longer layoff, I can get on board with 6 teams, but teams 7 and 8 have no business competing for a championship.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
Cardale Jones just tweeted "Life changing decision at 3PM"

Welcome to seven minutes ago. He's going it's done. The guy is dirt poor and came from nothing. It's a no brainer especially when he's been told he's Probably the third QB taken.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
Welcome to seven minutes ago. He's going it's done. The guy is dirt poor and came from nothing. It's a no brainer especially when he's been told he's Probably the third QB taken.

Good for him, if I was Urban I would be encouraging him to go, it's the best thing for the kid (clearly he didn't care about school much and has a real opportunity here) all while OSU now gets to say their 3rd string QB can be the 3rd drafted QB, that's a nice recruiting statement.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
Good for him, if I was Urban I would be encouraging him to go, it's the best thing for the kid (clearly he didn't care about school much and has a real opportunity here) all while OSU now gets to say their 3rd string QB can be the 3rd drafted QB, that's a nice recruiting statement.

Urban was on board with him going for sure. 3 games a title and maybe a second round draft pick. Crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)

im going to the future, Doc

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:22 AM)
Will all come down to the combine for him.

A QB should be there in the 2nd round for the Bear.

Was just going to say this. I wouldn't spend a 2nd rounder on a guy with 2 games on tape.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
Either Hundley or Jones will be there, I think.

I think Hundley drops to the second and Jones goes late first to a team that can work him in slowly. If Manning came back to Denver that would be a good spot for him.

Hundley will go early second to a team that needs a QB but already has a placeholder.

I can't believe there are "experts" out there criticizing his decision to go pro. Who cares if he is a bust? If he stays at OSU, it's possible he never starts another game. Even if he does start, it may completely ruin his draft stock, who knows. Hes already 22, with a kid, why wouldn't you take the money when given the chance?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
I can't believe there are "experts" out there criticizing his decision to go pro. Who cares if he is a bust? If he stays at OSU, it's possible he never starts another game. Even if he does start, it may completely ruin his draft stock, who knows. Hes already 22, with a kid, why wouldn't you take the money when given the chance?

Parlaying 3 starts into a possible second round draft slot is something you jump at. Any expert who says different doesn't know s***. The guy is dirt poor with a newborn.

Although I am hearing Ginn Sr. is trying to influence him to stay.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
Parlaying 3 starts into a possible second round draft slot is something you jump at. Any expert who says different doesn't know s***. The guy is dirt poor with a newborn.

Although I am hearing Ginn Sr. is trying to influence him to stay.

Staying is dumb way too many variables with Miller and Barrett both of whom I assume will be ready to compete in the fall. I believe FCS is the better bet at a Youngstown or something but with the family and what not the pros seem like a decent move.