2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
Staying is dumb way too many variables with Miller and Barrett both of whom I assume will be ready to compete in the fall. I believe FCS is the better bet at a Youngstown or something but with the family and what not the pros seem like a decent move.

Neither will be able to go in the spring or summer. Millers shoulder may never be right. However JT should be fine and they are recruiting heavily behind these guys. It's a smart move to go.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I don't know why you guys made this such a big deal" says the guy who called a press conference.

"Being a first-round draft pick means nothing to me without my education" says the guy who didn't come to play school.

Is this for real or some kind of crazy fake reality show?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
He has gotten some really bad advice. That or someone has said he is going to be the starter, in which case, he'll have a shot at playing himself into the top 5 and than I understand.

Or he'll have a shot at playing or injuring himself completely off the draft board IF he is actually gonna be the starter.

He has gotten some really bad advice. That or someone has said he is going to be the starter, in which case, he'll have a shot at playing himself into the top 5 and than I understand.

or some booster got him the money he would have made as a second round draft pick......

Maybe he will be the starter or maybe education is his bag

Ginn Sr. changed his mind at the final hour. Bad bad choice.

Nobody told him he would start. If Miller is healthy he is the clear starter.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
So Jones is third string again or at least can compete for a starting gig with the other two.

There has to be some behind the scene work here or the kid is close to getting a meaningful degree?

As of right now he's first string. miller can't throw until late summer snd JT can't run until summer. He's one of two healthy QBs on the roster (with two incoming recruits)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
As of right now he's first string. miller can't throw until late summer snd JT can't run until summer. He's one of two healthy QBs on the roster (with two incoming recruits)

I guess if there is a chance he will start next year it is a good choice. If he does not start and OSU goes 13-1 and he never sees the field it will be a bad choice but he will still get drafted.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
If I was Miller I would immediately transfer to Houston. But he also has a kid in Columbus so who knows if it's even possible.

Is fatherhood a requirement to play QB at Ohio State ? :D

I couldn't imagine having a kid in college, let alone with football time requirements

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 15, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Is fatherhood a requirement to play QB at Ohio State ? :D

I couldn't imagine having a kid in college, let alone with football time requirements

More of a cultural/poverty conundrum. I agree. I can barely take care of one now in my 30's