2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
I had no idea Briggs was even hurt. What happened?

I think shoulder. They have been really secretive about it.

Get ready for Sharpton and Jones, everybody

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
Man the bears injury reports have been ridiculous this year. Wasn't McLellin supposedly gonna come back with the broken hand because he's a linebacker that will never intercept a ball anyway?

McMuffin seems like he may have quite an injury problem. The guy has been an unmitigated disaster

you know what i found interesting, B&B read off the Pro Football Reference list of players most similar to Cutler, and George wasnt one of them. I see the comparison as well, which is why i found it interesting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
you know what i found interesting, B&B read off the Pro Football Reference list of players most similar to Cutler, and George wasnt one of them. I see the comparison as well, which is why i found it interesting

Because I think the comparison is based mostly on intangibles, not quantifiable stats (i.e., they're both whiny d-bags with million dollar arms and 10 cent heads).

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Not that quarterback rating is the best way to judge QBs, but does football have a different variation of it that regresses it to league average, ala OPS+, ERA+, wRC+, etc?

I don't think so. There is like Pro Football Focus, but I don't think the bases anything league average.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
I don't think so. There is like Pro Football Focus, but I don't think the bases anything league average.

The +/- goes around league average in 2009 when they started. This would make it possible to make some judgments about league trends since they started grading, but their intention isn't really to make league/year/context-based adjustments. In some ways, it embraces the contingent nature of the grades

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)

I thought their Jake Plummer comparison was better.