2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
I actually think they are pretty decent. They'll probably lose one of those games though cause NFL.

Agreed. They are a legit team finally. They have a great O-line and 2 good RBs. Hoyer appears to be a very competent game manager and they have a play making TE and hopefully one of the leagues best WR's coming back soon. Pretty good defense too. This could be a playoff team and I'd love to see it

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
Agreed. They are a legit team finally. They have a great O-line and 2 good RBs. Hoyer appears to be a very competent game manager and they have a play making TE and hopefully one of the leagues best WR's coming back soon. Pretty good defense too. This could be a playoff team and I'd love to see it

It sucks that they lost Mack though. From what i read about his injury, it was really ugly and he is done this season

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 30m30 minutes ago

Matt Forte is first player in NFL with 10+ rushes & 10+ receptions in consecutive games in same season since James Wilder in 1984

He currently leads the league in receptions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 6m6 minutes ago

Bears receiver Wilson could return to practice this week http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break....html?track=rss

I personally can't wait to see him back. I've got high hopes for the kid. 3 wide sets with Wilson (6'4"), Marshall (6'4"), Jeffery (6'3"), Bennett (6'6") and Forte out of the backfield should be a lot of fun.

Lemarr Houston, on the other hand...

6 tackles, 0 sacks.

Young has 24 tackles. I'd at least expect Houston to make a contribution against the run game since that's what he's best at, but he's not even doing that well.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Lemarr Houston, on the other hand...

6 tackles, 0 sacks.

Young has 24 tackles. I'd at least expect Houston to make a contribution against the run game since that's what he's best at, but he's not even doing that well.

Houston has 13 hurries and 8 QB hits. He actually grades out better than Young does in terms of pass rush on pro football focus. Young has 6 hurries and 1 QB hit outside of his sacks.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Houston has 13 hurries and 8 QB hits. He actually grades out better than Young does in terms of pass rush on pro football focus. Young has 6 hurries and 1 QB hit outside of his sacks.

PFF grades are cumulative and I think Houston gets a lot more reps than Young, so that might explain why he's graded higher. I guess you can say he's getting close and pressuring the QB, but he's not finishing the job. I'm still baffled as to how he only has 6 tackles on the year. Do teams not run to his side at all?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 10:40 AM)
What happens if both of those teams play each other in the playoffs?

When they play each other in the same season, I root for the team that gains the most by that win. Of recent years, it's been Dallas. If they meet in the playoffs, I'd root Dallas because they are a family team that goes back multiple generations. The Rams are a team I started liking when I was 9 years old and they had Warner, Holt, Bruce, Faulk. I am a fan, but they are firmly my 2nd team because Dallas. The whole rest of my family are Cowboys and Bears fans, like they all root for both teams.

When they play each other in the same season, I root for the team that gains the most by that win. Of recent years, it's been Dallas. If they meet in the playoffs, I'd root Dallas because they are a family team that goes back multiple generations. The Rams are a team I started liking when I was 9 years old and they had Warner, Holt, Bruce, Faulk. I am a fan, but they are firmly my 2nd team because Dallas. The whole rest of my family are Cowboys and Bears fans, like they all root for both teams.

Kind of like me with the Bears and Colts. I was a Bears fan before the Colts ever moved to Indiana, but they became my second favorite team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
I'll never understand having a 2nd favorite team. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just weird.

Agreed. There's one favorite team and then you can kind of have a pet team (or teams) that change from year to year that you love watching.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
Agreed. There's one favorite team and then you can kind of have a pet team (or teams) that change from year to year that you love watching.

I think there is more of a tendency for this to happen when you don't live where the team you cheer for plays. I'm still a huge Bears fan, but since moving away, I notice not being constantly in the Bears incubator of water cooler talk, sports radio, local news, etc., sort of allows you to have more diverse interests.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
I think there is more of a tendency for this to happen when you don't live where the team you cheer for plays. I'm still a huge Bears fan, but since moving away, I notice not being constantly in the Bears incubator of water cooler talk, sports radio, local news, etc., sort of allows you to have more diverse interests.

That makes sense. I know for me that there are some teams I care so much about(Bulls, Sox, SIU basketball) that there's just no way I could actually root for another team in that sport.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)

I picked up a lot of following the Houston teams when I lived down there for a few years as a kid. I follow them at a higher level than the rest of the teams in the league, but at a way lower level than any of the Chicago teams.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
I'll never understand having a 2nd favorite team. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just weird.

Same, I can see having a team you like/ or a team you follow in the other conference but never in the same. I have a hard enough time emotionally following one team, could never follow another that deeply.

QUOTE (Greyone @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
Same, I can see having a team you like/ or a team you follow in the other conference but never in the same. I have a hard enough time emotionally following one team, could never follow another that deeply.

My girlfriend is a Pittsburgh sports fan. I'd like to see the Pirates and Steelers win if the Bears and Sox don't but I'm never affected by losses.