2014-2015 NFL Football thread

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 1h1 hour ago

The last two games for the #Bears are the only 21-13 wins in franchise history.

That's very surprising since 21 and 13 are both very common game scores. It's not like the Bears won 11-5 or something like that.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
Yeah and this year they have had similar talent and been very mediocre and have actually been getting worse as the season progresses. We can't protect the football or consistently produce points and have invested significant resources in that side of the football. One could argue based upon NFL commentary that the NFL got video on our offense and made significant adjustments that we can't counter successfully. Think of year two of Gary Crowton and how quickly he was out of the league once people adapted to our scheme. Right now it would appear that Trestman's offense is way too vanilla and NFL defenses are all over what we are doing, far too often.

When you say we, really it is Jay. He has the most TOs in the league with 18, Trestman cant fall on the sword for that one(he has plenty of other things to be blamed for).

And i think Jays turnovers have done the reverse of what was originally expected this season, instead of opening up the playbook, Trestman has had to close it up and over simplify it to prevent turnovers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:43 AM)
If the season ended today, the 4-7 Falcons would host a playoff game.

I think the NFL should make it mandatory to have at least 8 wins to be eligible for the playoffs. Still reward the division winner with a playoff spot if they meet that mark, but if not give it to the next best wildcard team that may have 9 or 10 wins.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
I think the NFL should make it mandatory to have at least 8 wins to be eligible for the playoffs. Still reward the division winner with a playoff spot if they meet that mark, but if not give it to the next best wildcard team that may have 9 or 10 wins.

Yeah, that would be fair, especially given that 4-team divisions make it more likely for a division winner to be under .500. At the least, they shouldn't be guaranteed home field advantage. I know San Fran won at Lambeau this January, but a 12-4 team should not be forced to go on the road against an 8 win team.

Having four team divisions is the problem. When you have four team divisions, you are occasionally going to have terrible division winners.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
That's not even a stretch.

Nope. I would hope for 5-11 but I assume that's pretty close to impossible because someone has to win when they play each other, though I haven't looked at the schedule so who knows.

Hey, I just want to point out that not too long ago the NFC west was the most terribleest division ever and Seattle got into the playoffs with a sub .500 record and everyone flipped out that they got a home game against the so much better Saints.

2 years later they won the Superbowl and the NFC west is regarded as one of the top divisions in Football

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
As bad as they have been at times. If the Saints win that division, they will get a home game. That will be a tough game for a road team to win.

Which wouldn't be entirely inequitable since they had to go to Seattle a few years back when Rowand said it was a guaranteed win ;)

Speigel/Mannelly/Boers/Bernstein were just talking about Trestman's track record at his various stops around the league. Apparently, he's always started year one with a good/great offense followed up with a horrendous offense in year two. Only one team has kept him around more than two years. Not exactly a good sign.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Nope. I would hope for 5-11 but I assume that's pretty close to impossible because someone has to win when they play each other, though I haven't looked at the schedule so who knows.

It's possible.

Falcons - 1-4 is very realistic. They have Arizona, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Carolina.

New Orleans - 2-3 or 3-2 is more likely. They have Pittsburgh, Carolina, Chicago, Atlanta and Tampa Bay.

Carolina - 2-3 or 3-2 is more like likely. They have Minnesota, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Cleveland and Atlanta.

Tampa Bay - 0-5 is pretty likely. They have Cincinnati, Detroit, Carolina, Green Bay and New Orleans.

If ATL beats NO and loses the rest they are 5-11.

If NO beats CAR and loses the rest they are 5-11.

If CAR beats ATL and loses the rest they are 4-11-1

It's not very likely but it could happen (it would require TB to actually win a couple). I think 6-10 is likely going to win it with tie breakers. New Orleans is in the drivers seat as the only above .500 team they play is Pittsburgh, while Atlanta has to play Arizona, Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa