2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
Would you trade Cutler straight up for RG3? Take into consideration that RG3 only has one year left on his deal while Cutler has 2+.

Yes. I'd have rather have a guy I am 99% sure is not the answer for 1 year,(RGIII) ,than I guy I am 100% sure is not the answer for 2 years (cutler)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:55 AM)
I have no one person to blame, I blame them all. And it starts at the top, Trestman and Co have been nothing short of terrible for pretty much the whole year. They have been coaching and playing afraid, they never try and set the tone.

We are on the same page Kyle.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
Unfortunately I have little faith in the McCaskeys firing anybody after only 2 years

I actually think they will. I think the McCaskeys want to shed the label of the stubborn ownership and get the label of a winning ownership. Lovie getting fired was a big surprise, as was Angelo. Both of them got paid for another season

QUOTE (Greyone @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Unfortunately I have little faith in the McCaskeys period, and there is no Rocky in sight with this ownership.

This is from 2010, but a very interesting article about how the McCaskeys are holding the Bears back financially and on the field. And there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0913/nfl...ets-midway.html

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
This is from 2010, but a very interesting article about how the McCaskeys are holding the Bears back financially and on the field. And there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0913/nfl...ets-midway.html

While i totally agree their stadium concept is a disaster, I do have to note that the "The Bears have not been at or near the top in payroll" clause is no longer true, if it was even true then. First page I found compiling them this year has the Bears having been in the top 5 in the league in payroll for both 2013 and 2012.

One thing that is holding them back in payroll this year is having a large amount of dead cap space for cutting Peppers, but that's money that they did spend to bring in a top flight free agent player at a position of need.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Yeah, see if Dan Snyder will take Cutler off our hands.

Remember when the Redskins offered the 5th overall pick and Rocky Macintosh for Briggs. That was in Briggs prime before his first contract dispute I believe.

I'd take a 2nd for Cutler.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 30, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Remember when the Redskins offered the 5th overall pick and Rocky Macintosh for Briggs. That was in Briggs prime before his first contract dispute I believe.

I'd take a 2nd for Cutler.

I remember when the Redskins traded their 1st RD picks in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2nd RD pick in 2012 to my Rams to move up a couple spots to take RG3.

The Rams then used some of Washinton's picks to pick up some more draft picks.

In total, the trade looks like this.....

Rams trades: QB Robert Griffin III

Washinton trades: DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, G Rokevious Watkins, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, and OT Greg Robinson.

Could this be the most lobsided trade in recent NFL history?