2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
It's not as though any TD passes were dropped. I don't know how one can credit them with another 10-13 possible points in that case. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, though, and neither of us can be proven right or wrong. The only fact remains that the Bears put up 14 points.

Yes they did, but drops aren't on the QB. I am not saying Clausen is the answer, but this is one of the better defenses in the NFL, and excuses have been made for Cutler since day 1. How about for a guy who basically hasn't played in 4 years, playing without his #1 receiver, his best OL, against the #2 defense in the league, and his receiving corp comes up with a bad case of the drops?

I think if anything, it shows just how bad Cutler has been this year. He basically hasn't been better than Jimmy f***ing Clausen.

28 points in a game is their high water mark.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
Also, Dominic Raiola is a piece of crap.

For him to say he didn't do that on purpose............C'mon man.

IMO, there is no reason for him to be allowed to play next week. That was blatant. They should penalize him like that knocked Ferguson out for the season. That appears to be the intent.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
Yes they did, but drops aren't on the QB. I am not saying Clausen is the answer, but this is one of the better defenses in the NFL, and excuses have been made for Cutler since day 1. How about for a guy who basically hasn't played in 4 years, playing without his #1 receiver, his best OL, against the #2 defense in the league, and his receiving corp comes up with a bad case of the drops?

I think if anything, it shows just how bad Cutler has been this year. He basically hasn't been better than Jimmy f***ing Clausen.

28 points in a game is their high water mark.

If cutler plays yesterday I think the bears end up winning. As long as the defense played like that and lions sucked like that.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
For him to say he didn't do that on purpose............C'mon man.

IMO, there is no reason for him to be allowed to play next week. That was blatant. They should penalize him like that knocked Ferguson out for the season. That appears to be the intent.

I understand for his own sake he has to say that he didnt do it on purpose but damn, just go with "No comment". That was really terrible, im really glad that Ego didnt get his ankle broken or tear his achilles

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I understand for his own sake he has to say that he didnt do it on purpose but damn, just go with "No comment". That was really terrible, im really glad that Ego didnt get his ankle broken or tear his achilles

What I don't get is how he ever expected to get away with it. There are so many cameras. These games are reviewed, guys get fined for things we never see on the broadcast. Yet here he is right in the center of things.

I'm guessing he probably isn't very good at solving equations.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
What I don't get is how he ever expected to get away with it. There are so many cameras. These games are reviewed, guys get fined for things we never see on the broadcast. Yet here he is right in the center of things.

He has been busted doing dirty stuff for his entire career. Some guys simply dont care. How many times has Brandon Merriweather been fined for headhunting, yet he still does it? And that guy knocks himself out half of the time.

Maybe one of these days somebody will just absolutely blindside Stafford in retaliation and then maybe that will wake him up a bit.

Why exactly is Jim Harbaugh allegedly being fired/allowed to leave the 49ers? What is the purported nature of his rift with upper management, and how can it be so bad that they would want him gone after just one down year?

The 49ers are not dumb. Should their reasons signal red flags to other NFL teams?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Why exactly is Jim Harbaugh allegedly being fired/allowed to leave the 49ers? What is the purported nature of his rift with upper management, and how can it be so bad that they would want him gone after just one down year?

The 49ers are not dumb. Should their reasons signal red flags to other NFL teams?

Supposedly Harbaughs attitude/ego has a shelf life with organizations. Finally when it breaks, its time to move on. But he will get a lot out of the situation he is in

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Supposedly Harbaughs attitude/ego has a shelf life with organizations. Finally when it breaks, its time to move on. But he will get a lot out of the situation he is in

This is why people think a college job is a really good fit (players have a shelf life).

I just think it kills him that his brother has more superbowls and he'll try and find another job.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
Maybe one of these days somebody will just absolutely blindside Stafford in retaliation and then maybe that will wake him up a bit.

Refs don't notice when you do those things to linemen, at least not all the time. Refs will not miss if you do that to a Qb.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
This is why people think a college job is a really good fit (players have a shelf life).

I just think it kills him that his brother has more superbowls and he'll try and find another job.

But the problem is also with the people that dont go away, apparently things were rather strained with the AD at Stanford when he took off as well.

He grinds on people. I would be willing to let him get his shot with the bears despite his issues with dealing with people. Anything is better than the s*** show we have going on right now

I speculate what happened in San Fran is the owner and GM didn't like the HC getting all of the credit. They weren't happy, leaked rumors about it, than players hear those rumors and know the coaches job isn't as safe, and all of a sudden they are less happy, etc, or at least ones that don't like the hard work, etc, feel like they have an excuse to not quite follow the rules, etc, since HC is on the way out.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)

Psh, hope the Bears sign him immediately.