2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never even remember these games. I'm sure they draw better than anything else on network but I'd be in favor of chopping them. I certainly hate when the bears have them.

If the Bears or Colts aren't playing, I'm more likely to turn on the college game on a Thursday night than the NFL game.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Excited to have some more depth at LB. Still hope that Sharpton plays.

Sharpton was solid last year too. I think he should be playing. We'll see what happens. I really have not been impressed by DJ Williams at all.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
Raise your hands if you remember a DJ williams play as a Chicago Bear.

Linebacker is one of the few defensive positions that when you don't notice a player, it is typically a bad thing. I do recall he had a couple nice plays early last season before getting hurt. Shea, I can think of times I've noticed him where it is good and bad but you at least see that he's been in position to make plays, etc. Bostic is the guy I still don't think isn't very good either but we'll see. I also don't like fact that he's this young with back injuries in the NFL.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
Raise your hands if you remember a DJ williams play as a Chicago Bear.

Last year he had a nice sack of Roethlisberger vs the Steelers on SNF but yes good point. Brock Vereen gets his first NFL start at FS on Sunday.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
Last year he had a nice sack of Roethlisberger vs the Steelers on SNF but yes good point. Brock Vereen gets his first NFL start at FS on Sunday.

I like this. The youth movement is happening, love to see these kids get a chance

@RapSheet

The #Jets have traded for #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin, source confirms (as @JayGlazer reported). Compensation is conditional mid-rounder

@AdamSchefter

Seahawks traded WR Percy Harvin to Jets, as @JayGlazer reported. Seattle felt Harvin was not a fit there.

That's weird.

Harvin is known to be tough to work with it. It has to be something like that because Seattle has nothing now at WR.

Would normally look at the Seattle trade for Harvin as now being a total bust, but they did win a Super Bowl and he played really well in that game. Still he only played 6 regular season games for Seattle.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
There has to be something more to the story. This is out of left field

This article was posted two hours ago

Seattle wants to Expand Harvin's role

I was seriously shocked. Why would the Seahawks trade their most dynamic receiver? All their other guys are mediocre at best. I don't understand.

It's not like they needed him last yr(I know he had a good sb) but still very strange. Weird for the Jets too as I'm not sure why they're trading a draft pick for an injury prone wr when they suck.

Odd all around.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
Bears don't have luxury of trading picks for a 3rd receiver.

Is that what pick it is or is? When I see conditional mid round pick, I figure that means if he kicks butt he's a 3rd or 4th round pick, otherwise even less. While I agree we don't need to invest much in him, the reality of trading players in the NFL means that the Seahawks take the brunt of the cap hit (doesn't all of his guaranteed money get fronted via the trade and thus Seahawks take a killing and now new base is much lower for future teams who sign him) thus making Harvin pretty minimal impact on our cap (I believe). No idea what his contract is like but his element happens to fill a major need in our system.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)
It's not like they needed him last yr(I know he had a good sb) but still very strange. Weird for the Jets too as I'm not sure why they're trading a draft pick for an injury prone wr when they suck.

Odd all around.

They also had Golden Tate last year. He's not there this year.

Not sure how it works but I think you could trade for him and pretty much cut him if you were Bears but that 10M base contract is pretty high for Harvin, given the other guys we have and his injury history. I do expect us to draft a wideout in the first 3 rounds this year, unless of course Wilson takes off.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Harvin is known to be tough to work with it. It has to be something like that because Seattle has nothing now at WR.

Would normally look at the Seattle trade for Harvin as now being a total bust, but they did win a Super Bowl and he played really well in that game. Still he only played 6 regular season games for Seattle.

I've never seen anything about him being a bad teammate. I've seen lots of former coaches and teammates support him on Twitter. It's very strange. Maybe he's going to test positive for something. Or maybe he banged someone's wife and that's why they got a divorce.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
whatever happened will come out. Pretty shocking to me though, he seems like the type of player you could tolerate as a bit of a diva

Did some digging. Apparently he didnt think he was being used enough and REALLY let it be known after last weeks game.

I just think he's a great playmaker with the ball in his hands, but not much of a wide receiver. You can't trust him to catch a 3rd down pass over the middle and you have to mix up your whole playbook to get him the ball in space.

The Seahawks regret giving him such a big contract, and they were able to get a draft pick and save some salary cap space, so they couldn't say no. It says a lot if a Super Bowl contender can dump you midseason.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
I just think he's a great playmaker with the ball in his hands, but not much of a wide receiver. You can't trust him to catch a 3rd down pass over the middle and you have to mix up your whole playbook to get him the ball in space.

The Seahawks regret giving him such a big contract, and they were able to get a draft pick and save some salary cap space, so they couldn't say no. It says a lot if a Super Bowl contender can dump you midseason.

18.5 mil for 10 his time there? Is that correct?