2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Don't forget guys, the problem with this team is the defense

I mean, this is still absolutely the case. The Bears offense just isn't elite like it was supposed to be but overall the team's weakness is still the defense, no doubt about that.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
I mean, this is still absolutely the case. The Bears offense just isn't elite like it was supposed to be but overall the team's weakness is still the defense, no doubt about that.

The offense has 7 points. And now 3 turnovers. Except for the GB game, they are the problem in every loss.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
I'd say the defense is about average, which is remarkable considering how much they've been affected by injuries

Both the Bears offense and the Bears defense are coming in around #20 in the league in ppg and yards per game.

That's about an 8 slot year over year improvement for the defense and an 18 spot year over year decline for the offense.

You do have to grade on a curve here. The defense was constructed to be slightly better than average at best. Now, I'd say they are around average. Null expectation would have been "must not be worst in league" as they were last year.

The team was built so that it could be good if the offense was elite. Entering today, the offense was merely better than average. After today, it's looking like it's just average. It has been far below expectations and doesn't have convenient excuses for it.

ST have been bad too, but we didn't have high expectations and they just don't matter as much.