2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
You do have to grade on a curve here. The defense was constructed to be slightly better than average at best. Now, I'd say they are around average. Null expectation would have been "must not be worst in league" as they were last year.

The team was built so that it could be good if the offense was elite. Entering today, the offense was merely better than average. After today, it's looking like it's just average. It has been far below expectations and doesn't have convenient excuses for it.

ST have been bad too, but we didn't have high expectations and they just don't matter as much.

Marshall and Jeffery being hurt a couple of games along with the OL injuries didn't help, but they should be better than they have been.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 03:28 PM)
Marshall and Jeffery being hurt a couple of games along with the OL injuries didn't help, but they should be better than they have been.

Worrisome part should be that those 2 are back now, their OL is getting back together, and their offense is just as weak, if not worse.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
Worrisome part should be that those 2 are back now, their OL is getting back together, and their offense is just as weak, if not worse.

Mills has been bad, he needs to be removed from the equation. The rest of the offense has no excuses

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
I feel based on reactions of players that this team couldn't give a f*** that they're losing and about to be under .500.

I don't give a s*** either, I missed most of the game, apparently I didn't miss much...

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
You should check out talkbears.com....s*** gets ridiculous over there.

It's one of the reasons I can't listen to sports talk radio anymore and I mostly stay out of game threads.

I honestly used to be like that but as I got older didn't want to be miserable because of something so out of my control.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
It's one of the reasons I can't listen to sports talk radio anymore and I mostly stay out of game threads.

I honestly used to be like that but as I got older didn't want to be miserable because of something so out of my control.

I am the same. It used to bother me several years ago when any team I followed lost, saying and posting the same things I cringe when I hear others say and post them now. s*** happens in your life and eventually you realize iin the grand scheme, the game result really is not life changing. Sure I want them to win, but it is just a game. My problems or the probkems of others close to me aren't solved if the team I want to win wins.

I will still get unhappy, but I think I have a little better perspective now.