2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
Rodgers > Favre and it's really not close for me.

It's pretty close.

People will always point to the fact that Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over as much. Which is true, but Favre played in a time when cornerbacks were actually allowed to play defense.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 06:19 AM)
It's pretty close.

People will always point to the fact that Rodgers doesn't turn the ball over as much. Which is true, but Favre played in a time when cornerbacks were actually allowed to play defense.

Yeah, similar to Jordan playing in a time when there was actually defense played in the NBA.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
Police were busy at Lambeau last night

It always amazes me when people spend good money for tickets, then get so drunk they can't function and won't remember anything

But the most important takeaway from this article? Self-service beer vending machines. How awesome is that.

Considering those tickets were probably over 100 bucks. You could just sit in someones basement and get wasted for free.

It seems like every NFL game these is a crazy amount of drunks and huge brawls. I don't think I would bring a kid to one of these games.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
Considering those tickets were probably over 100 bucks. You could just sit in someones basement and get wasted for free.

It seems like every NFL game these is a crazy amount of drunks and huge brawls. I don't think I would bring a kid to one of these games.

Agreed, I don't think I ever want to go to a Bears game again after last years Rams-Bears game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 05:08 PM)
So Cam is out late, flips his car, doesn't want to go to the hospital, and had injuries. And that's not weird or fishy at all

Um, it seems like this happened in broad daylight and his car was hit by another?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
Two lower transverse fractures.

Were the transeverse processes displaced? That could be a nasty inury if so. There's a good chance he could out for a little bit. But not too long if they werent displaced.

Really...so pathetic:

16: That’s how many times in the past 20 seasons, including this one, that the Bears have missed the playoffs, a sobering reality that leaves them in rare company in the NFC. Since 1995, the only teams to have fewer than five playoff appearances are the Lions (four), Bills (four), Redskins (four), Cardinals (three), Raiders (three), Texans (two) and Browns (one). The Lions and Bills are still alive to reach the postseason this season. The Browns entered the league as an expansion team in 1998. The Texans did so in 2002.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
Stolen from Twitter:

We can safely assume that the person in the other vehicle was not one of Cam Newton's receivers. He hasn't been able to hit them all season.

Someone else said that it was only his 8th least successful drive of the season

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
Really...so pathetic:

16: That’s how many times in the past 20 seasons, including this one, that the Bears have missed the playoffs, a sobering reality that leaves them in rare company in the NFC. Since 1995, the only teams to have fewer than five playoff appearances are the Lions (four), Bills (four), Redskins (four), Cardinals (three), Raiders (three), Texans (two) and Browns (one). The Lions and Bills are still alive to reach the postseason this season. The Browns entered the league as an expansion team in 1998. The Texans did so in 2002.

Pathetic but not surprising

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
Really...so pathetic:

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Pathetic but not surprising

Meanwhile, the Packers have missed just 5 times in that same stretch. It's good to be a Packer fan.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Meanwhile, the Packers have missed just 5 times in that same stretch. It's good to be a Packer fan.

Turns out that having a couple HOF QB's is really beneficial to your playoff odds.

And that Cutler, McCown, Campbell, Hanie, Collins, Orton, Grossman, Griese, Krenzel, Hutchinson, Quinn, Stewart, Chandler, Miller, Burris, Matthews, McNown, Kramer, Stenstrom, Moreno, Mirer, Krieg, and Walsh are really not.

Edited by gatnom