2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
LOL at the Clausen love. If it wasn't for a muffed punt and a roughing the punter penalty, the Bears would be getting shut out.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
Yeah, you're completely right. How many points do the Bears have again?

No one is saying Clausen is a long term starter, but he's at least competent QB. He's capable of making quick passes under pass rushes, making accurate throws, and not making dumb turnovers like Cutler. All of that came in a short week of practice. Give the man some credit.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I heard this Lion's D is pretty good.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

I'm glad to see Jimmy Clausen playing well. But, the Bears need to lose. The Bears D needs to step up and find a way to lose this game.

Additionally, Stafford is my starting QB in my fantasy championship game. I needs him to put up some points.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
No one is saying Clausen is a long term starter, but he's at least competent QB. He's capable of making quick passes under pass rushes, making accurate throws, and not making dumb turnovers like Cutler. All of that came in a short week of practice. Give the man some credit.

EDIT: Oh yea, and I heard this Lion's D is pretty good.

Yeah, the D is good and Clausen is not turning it over. But it's still the same old offense, unable to drive and score unless the LOLions help them out. It's more hating on Trestman not Clausen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Yeah, the D is good and Clausen is not turning it over. But it's still the same old offense, unable to drive and score unless the LOLions help them out. It's more hating on Trestman not Clausen.

And my post was a knock against Cutler more so than praising Clausen. I think he did a passable job today, and it it speaks volume to how awful Cutler has been if even a backup can come in on a short week and play at least competently against one of the top D's.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
Clausen QB rating vs Detroit: 77.0

Cutler QB rating vs Detroit : 76.7

Under 20 points both times

He didn't have Marshall and the rest of the receivers had a hard time catching the ball. Clausen isn't the answer, but it does show how far Cutler has fallen.