2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
He could sign at Michigan right now or last week or whenever. But he hasn't.

If money and endorsements could be even close to equal I don't know why anyone would want to go back to college when they have had success in the NFL and are wanted by the NFL. That recruiting grind is tough and would be a major play in his quality of life.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
If money and endorsements could be even close to equal I don't know why anyone would want to go back to college when they have had success in the NFL and are wanted by the NFL. That recruiting grind is tough and would be a major play in his quality of life.

That's why nobody has done it before.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
Saban was starting to turn things around in Miami and they weren't looking to get rid of him when he went back to Bama.

That doesn't make what I said any less true. Harbaugh would be the first successful NFL coach to go back to college.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 02:52 AM)
If Seattle wins next Sunday , they win the NFC West, so Arizona is #5 or #6 as a wild card team and doesn't matter in the tiebreaking.

Dallas would be ahead of Seattle if only those two teams tied. However , barring a tie in Lambeau, either GB or Detroit will also be 12-4. Then it's a 3 way tie and you go to conference record, which Seattle wins.

Assuming Dallas beats Washington next week, I don't understand how Seattle could possibly be a better ranked seed. You're right about Arizona though, I forgot they'd be forced to be a wild card team regardless of record.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 11:46 PM)
Assuming Dallas beats Washington next week, I don't understand how Seattle could possibly be a better ranked seed. You're right about Arizona though, I forgot they'd be forced to be a wild card team regardless of record.

Because it would be a three way tie between Dallas, Seattle, and Detroit/Packers, not head to head.

Here are the rules my friend http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 12:17 AM)
Because it would be a three way tie between Dallas, Seattle, and Detroit/Packers, not head to head.

Here are the rules my friend http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

I found this article and it showed me my rooting interests for the weekend.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/12/21/...first-round-bye

Dallas can be no worse than the #3 seed, and can become the #2 seed with a win Sunday, and losses by Seattle (who play the Rams), and Cardinals (who play the 49ers). Rams won the last time they played Seattle, Cardinals won the last time they played San Fran.

So if you are Detroit, do you have Raiola appeal so he can play against the Packers for the NFC North title? Or do you let him sit so he is available for the playoff game?

Edit: NM, his appeal is being heard today

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 06:40 AM)
So if you are Detroit, do you have Raiola appeal so he can play against the Packers for the NFC North title? Or do you let him sit so he is available for the playoff game?

Hope the deny his appeal and add on. F him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)

If it were MLB, his appeal hearing would be in Week 7 next season and it would be reduced to a fine, guaranteed.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
I found this article and it showed me my rooting interests for the weekend.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/12/21/...first-round-bye

Dallas can be no worse than the #3 seed, and can become the #2 seed with a win Sunday, and losses by Seattle (who play the Rams), and Cardinals (who play the 49ers). Rams won the last time they played Seattle, Cardinals won the last time they played San Fran.

Dallas would also need Green Bay and Detroit to tie to get the 2nd seed.

So texts between Ray McDonald and the girl he (allegedly) raped indicate that Aldon Smith came over and they all drank a bunch of vodka and cranberry together. Looks like Aldon will be taking some more time off soon

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 23, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
Michigan is courting him so hard and with so much money to back it up I dont know if I can see him turning it down. He would probably make about half the money in the NFL right?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...ch-jim-harbaugh

The NFL could pay him whatever. It comes down to if the 4 years he spent at Michigan chasing a title trumps the however many years he spent in the NFL chasing the ring. Michingan would be smart to hire a good coach like him, especially since he's from Ohio, they generally have decent luck with that.