2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
So Ernie Accorsi is helping with the hiring.

I like this. Accorsi was very good with the Giants. Hope he helps find us a solid GM.

I read a book a few years ago called The GM. It focuses on Accorsi's last season (2006) as the Giants GM. Pretty good read. I know he isn't our GM and it's only a short-term hire, but it made me think of the book. Anyone who likes football and reading about front-office decision making would like it.

"Is this a sign that you don't have an idea of what you want? Or do you consider this normal?" in reference to Accorsi, haha.

They just said it was a tool, blah blah.

I'd really like much more info on what Accorsi is doing.

I haven't heard any of this press conference but by your reactions it sounds like its the same ol Bear circus. That is disappointing. I was hopeful they would have handled this right. They really had to get this right.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:23 PM)
"Is this a sign that you don't have an idea of what you want? Or do you consider this normal?" in reference to Accorsi, haha.

They just said it was a tool, blah blah.

I'd really like much more info on what Accorsi is doing.

Accorsi was a comsultant for the Panthers GM search 2 years ago.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
I haven't heard any of this press conference but by your reactions it sounds like its the same ol Bear circus. That is disappointing. I was hopeful they would have handled this right. They really had to get this right.

I'm happy about Accorsi, but would have liked him as a longer term thing pushing Ted aside. Frankly, I was hoping Cowher would come out of retirement and be a president of operations even though I know a lot would hate.

So, yay for accorsi, nay for it meaning we are getting a very traditional chairman - phillips - GM - Coach

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)

At least Ted Phillips isn't solely in charge of the GM and coach hiring this time around. Maybe if they've got a strong GM candidate who wants full control, he'd turn it over. Here's hoping, anyway.

No one asking the real tough questions that fans care about. Same ole at Halas. How are you going to hire a coach before the GM? And how do you allow Mel Tucker to stay another day? He's the first guy you should've fired for job performance.

It'll be no different than a few years ago when they hired Emery and Trestman. SMDH. Good luck Bears fans.

Wait...so Tucker is still employed with the Bears? I thought his firing would just be a given since he was brought in by Emery who is now fired. :lolhitting This organization cant help but be fun bad with everything they do.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Wait...so Tucker is still employed with the Bears? I thought his firing would just be a given since he was brought in by Emery who is now fired. :lolhitting This organization cant help but be fun bad with everything they do.

They basically said the reason they fired Kromer was because of his actions with the locker room thing. Every other position player will be decided on by the new coach, as is custom.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)

McCaskey's sure know football don't they? :angry:

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 29, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
They basically said the reason they fired Kromer was because of his actions with the locker room thing. Every other position player will be decided on by the new coach, as is custom.

Ok, fair enough. I just cant help but sit here waiting for them to screw things up somehow.