2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
@ProFootballTalk: Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase will indeed be a candidate for the head-coaching job there, per source.

Was going to say, Peyton is as good as gone if the entire staff has been dismissed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 06:23 PM)
Was going to say, Peyton is as good as gone if the entire staff has been dismissed.

The only way the Broncos could keep Manning was to keep Gase. So Fox had to go because Gase would have been offered a HC job somewhere.

Actually I don't think retaining Gase has anything to do with Manning. This team was built to win now, they spent a ton of money and it's time to pay the piper with some of the elite offensive talent. I think Manning is done, and I think he may have told them already, and we are about to see them blow this team up.

I still find it funny if he is hired, will be the first coach in the HISTORY of the Bears franchise to be hired with head coaching experience. EDIT: My mistake, "technially" Paddy Driscoll.. like 50 years ago. So yea, we're long overdue.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)
I still find it funny if he is hired, will be the first coach in the HISTORY of the Bears franchise to be hired with head coaching experience.

It's definitely hard to believe that such a storied franchise has never hired a coach who's been a HC in the NFL before.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 06:16 PM)
How long until Manning is a coach?

If anyone in the league could be a player-coach, it would be Peyton. Not that that would actually happen. Just saying that he'd be the most likely to be able to handle it.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
It's always going to happen when everyone loves to hate and laugh at that team. If this happened to the Panthers no one would care. But it's funny when it happens to a team everyone hates. It's no surprise.

I had a decent sized wager tied into an in-game bet of over 48.5 so I would have loved another score in that game. Doesn't change my opinion on whether or not that was the correct call (it was) though.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
John Fox seems like a safe pick. Not very exciting, but little chance it ends in total disaster. Which is probably what the Bears are looking for.

Agree. With a green GM, I'm fine w/ a safe, veteran HC who's had success pretty much everywhere else.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 06:28 AM)
John Fox seems like a safe pick. Not very exciting, but little chance it ends in total disaster. Which is probably what the Bears are looking for.

I actually do find it kind of exciting.

His willingness to adapt to his personnel is at the very least an exciting quality for me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
I actually do find it kind of exciting.

His willingness to adapt to his personnel is at the very least an exciting quality for me.

And as mentioned before, the guy's won everywhere he's been.

He might have never won a SB, but I don't care about that at this point. Get the Bears to the playoffs in the near future and we'll see what happens.