2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
dont be running your mouth and calling out a specific player when there is still an entire quarter to play.

Seattle's offense gave his defense a 10 point lead late and his defense failed.

Lol

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Lynch was running, was there any doubt he would have gained 1.5 yards in 2 plays? They had a timeout. Ridiculous.

That being said, Tom Brady & company drove down the field 4 times and scored touchdowns against one of the best defenses ever. They also ruined another drive with an end zone pick. None of those drives were really short fields either.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
I think it topped Super Bowl XXXIV for me with St. Louis and Tennessee. I loved Steve McNair's grit in that game and it came down to the final play.

Yeah, McNair brought his team back from the dead. Much respect there. To me, that was the first great Super Bowl. Every previous one I saw was a blowout. Rams vs Patriots was good as was Patriots vs Panthers, Steelers vs Seahawks, Saints vs Colts, NY vs NE, SF vs Baltimore, and of course this year. These youngins don't know how bad super bowls used to be prior to 99.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
Yeah, McNair brought his team back from the dead. Much respect there. To me, that was the first great Super Bowl. Every previous one I saw was a blowout. Rams vs Patriots was good as was Patriots vs Panthers, Steelers vs Seahawks, Saints vs Colts, NY vs NE, SF vs Baltimore, and of course this year. These youngins don't know how bad super bowls used to be prior to 99.

Growing up the Super Bowl was just beating up on Buffalo year after year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)

Pitt v AZ was my favorite super bowl

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 11:34 PM)
Baseball can't come soon enough. I posted some time ago why I can't stand the NFL. Now the media will suck Brady's dick for another 5 years. It's great not to have cable and deal with ESPN's East coast bias.

Thanks for chiming in, in the NFL thread?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:34 AM)
I can't believe anyone who isn't a Seattle fan could root for those f***s. They are so hateable.

I am a Bears fan and Seattle is my favorite non-Bears team right now, and Sherman is my favorite non-Bears player. The celebration after winning the NFC Championship last season and the fake press conference with Baldwin were awesome and hilarious. They also have one of the best unis in the NFL. Love the metallic blue. I hate the Patriots. Brady and Belichick are a couple of smug, entitled, cheating asses. I will take Seattle's cocky confidence 6 days a week and twice on Sundays over the smug asses in Boston. For all of the s*** that Lynch gets for not talking to the media, Belichick invented it. Why wasn't he ever fined? You have to believe you are the best before you can be the best. The history book said that NE won, but Seattle was the better team today, IMO. Their OC made the worst play call in the history of Pro Football today, given the circumstances. Also, the Patriots should have never even reached SB XXXVI, because even with the Tuck Rule, which was changed because it is BS, that was still a fumble. If you ever watch a replay again, Brady had the ball in a carrying position for about 1.5 seconds after he pump faked. That rule was created to protect a pump fake that slipped out of a QB's hand. If they lose do they even start Brady the next season, or do they stick with Bledsoe? The world will never know.

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 02:23 AM)
I am a Bears fan and Seattle is my favorite non-Bears team right now, and Sherman is my favorite non-Bears player. The celebration after winning the NFC Championship last season and the fake press conference with Baldwin were awesome and hilarious. They also have one of the best unis in the NFL. Love the metallic blue. I hate the Patriots. Brady and Belichick are a couple of smug, entitled, cheating asses. I will take Seattle's cocky confidence 6 days a week and twice on Sundays over the smug asses in Boston. For all of the s*** that Lynch gets for not talking to the media, Belichick invented it. Why wasn't he ever fined? You have to believe you are the best before you can be the best. The history book said that NE won, but Seattle was the better team today, IMO. Their OC made the worst play call in the history of Pro Football today, given the circumstances. Also, the Patriots should have never even reached SB XXXVI, because even with the Tuck Rule, which was changed because it is BS, that was still a fumble. If you ever watch a replay again, Brady had the ball in a carrying position for about 1.5 seconds after he pump faked. That rule was created to protect a pump fake that slipped out of a QB's hand. If they lose do they even start Brady the next season, or do they stick with Bledsoe? The world will never know.

I think smug and entitled is a decent description of how Seattle came off at the end of that game. "we got beat fair and square on the football field by someone making a play? We should start picking fights. How dare they actually beat us."

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)

Yeah, the Seattle never got caught cheating or doing PEDs ever.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)

I don't think Seattle was the better team at all. The two teams seemed pretty evenly matched. Sure, the OC made a terrible call that cost them the game, but the previous play was an extremely lucky catch to set up that situation.

The Patriots scored 28 points pretty easily and could have had more if not for the red zone interception. They were 8/14 on third down and pretty much had their way with Seattle.