2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Greyone @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Coyotes do, we here in Homer Glen have had a few small dogs get eaten by coyotes. Though I blame the stupid owners, small dogs that get to run around loose have stuff happen to them. Though one was on a property but the leash it was on was extremely long and they had no fence, basically went up to an open retention are.

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adven...n-the-West.html

Hopefully not too filibuster-y of a post, but Outside Magazine had a pretty balanced discussion of wolves in the West last month.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
I guess I'm confused why the person was so concerned with the stigma of wolves eating humans when the commercial is a puppy being threatened by a wolf. Unless ...

Many people care more about their dogs than they do their own kids.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
I guess I'm confused why the person was so concerned with the stigma of wolves eating humans when the commercial is a puppy being threatened by a wolf. Unless ...

Well, Jake's friend said that the concern was about wolves preying on humans and their pets.

After reading this page, I had to scroll back to the top to remember which thread I clicked on... Not that I care that it went off-topic, but thought it was kind of funny.

Also, I too love Anna Kendrick. Pitch Perfect was great.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Many people care more about their dogs than they do their own kids.

I tell everyone that I hope reincarnation is real and I come back as my wife's dog. They get the best treatment by far at our house.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
What we learned Sunday: the best cheater in the history of the NFL can outcoach the best cheater in the history of college football.

Belichick keeps getting caught and USC got hit with major sanctions. Neither of them are the "best" at cheating, that's for sure.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
This really does make it look like it's going to be an easy TD:

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV.jpg

Just a perfect break by the DB there or the Seahawks score.

The play he made was hanging on to the ball with contact. It wasn't going to be a TD even if complete. If he doesn't catch it, maybe Carroll comes to his senses and the Patriots are screwed.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
This really does make it look like it's going to be an easy TD:

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV.jpg

Just a perfect break by the DB there or the Seahawks score.

Actually that screencap is exactly why you don't throw the slant in short field territory like that. The defensive backs have no need to worry about the field behind them, because there is none. The slant works when the defense is back off of the receivers and can't gamble on breaking on the ball. If you want to throw in this situation, throw a fade to the back pylon.

I thought this camera angle from the sideline was very cool, it really showed how great of a play Butler made. From letting Browner know what's going on, then just going after the ball and jumping the route right after the ball is snapped. (Sorry I slept through the mod lesson on embedding videos)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
It was pretty poor placement of the ball by Wilson. He led him way too much. If he hits him in the numbers, it's probably a game winning touchdown.

Dilfer was on the radio Monday and said he also threw it a little high. Wanna keep the ball low, almost have the WR go to the ground to get it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Warren Sapp arrested for soliciting a prostitute at 7 AM in Phoenix.

You are a Hall of Famer at the Super Bowl, and you need to try to pay for some strange? You are doing something wrong, C'mon Man!

It's not like he's a household name though. To us football fans, yeah we know who he is but show a picture of him to 20 random chicks and I'll be shocked if one of them knows who he is. It's not like he's on Micheal Strahan's level of celebrity among females.

I don't get why people pay close attention to Super Bowl ads, I know it's a thing but I pay about the same attention as I do to commercials all year long which is hardly. I did catch that Nationwide ad and it was depressing, right away I was glad I don't have a pool and my TV is not that high off the floor, lol.

Oh and Bevell, stay classy bro.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
It's not like he's a household name though. To us football fans, yeah we know who he is but show a picture of him to 20 random chicks and I'll be shocked if one of them knows who he is. It's not like he's on Micheal Strahan's level of celebrity among females.

I don't get why people pay close attention to Super Bowl ads, I know it's a thing but I pay about the same attention as I do to commercials all year long which is hardly. I did catch that Nationwide ad and it was depressing, right away I was glad I don't have a pool and my TV is not that high off the floor, lol.

Oh and Bevell, stay classy bro.

I dunno man, he was on the NFL network, an ex football player, and on the "are you ready for anything" beer commercial where they turn some guys house into a pirate ship. I bet a lot more women would know who he was than you think

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I dunno man, he was on the NFL network, an ex football player, and on the "are you ready for anything" beer commercial where they turn some guys house into a pirate ship. I bet a lot more women would know who he was than you think

Cowherd ripped him to shreds. Said he supported Sapp for a long time and defended him despite others bashing him (cause Sapp was always nice to him) but basically said this whole thing was a long time coming and flat out Sapp needs to get help and alluded he should do what Manziel did and check himself into rehab. Said Warren's life is a mess and anyone who knows him isn't surprised by what happened and if anything is surprised it didn't happen sooner.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 05:28 PM)
Bears hired Stand Drayton from Ohio State, he was the RB coach for the last 3 years.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h 1 hour ago

Wow. Big-time hire RT @ChicagoBears: #Bears have hired Stan Drayton as running backs coach; Helped Buckeyes win national title in '14.