Asking Prices Beginning to Fall

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
And no matter how many times Hahn says it and no matter how many times poster on here say it, certain people just can't get it through their heads and still expect the Sox to sign one of them.

Nobody here expects it, just that it's a mistake by Golden Boy Rick.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
Please nobody take this troll's bait. I don't think I can go through this again.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
I agree with your opinion and will still defend to the death your right to say it.

I second these posts.

Is there a way the pick can be retained? Like what happened with Orlando Cabrera? If the money isnt insane and the pick can be retained i wont complain, but I want that pick(no matter what people think of its worth)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
Not saying I'd be happy with this but what Sox got Santana for 3 years 36 million with an option year. If he does well, those 2 years, Sox fan flip him for better prospects most likely for the 2nd round pick Sox would give up by getting him.

And if he doesn't, they have the pitching version of Adam Dunn.

Not saying I'd be happy with this but what Sox got Santana for 3 years 36 million with an option year. If he does well, those 2 years, Sox fan flip him for better prospects most likely for the 2nd round pick Sox would give up by getting him.

If there were a team offering him that, he'd have signed by now. Players that are still free agents on Feb. 15 tend not to get offered 3+ year deals for $30+ million.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 11:53 AM)
If there were a team offering him that, he'd have signed by now. Players that are still free agents on Feb. 15 tend not to get offered 3+ year deals for $30+ million.

Agreed. I don't think he's in a very good position right now. If teams were offering that contract, he probably would be signed by now and this late in the offseason a lot of guys sign one year deals and try the FA luck again next year. But who is willing to give up a draft pick for a one year rental?

My conclusion would be that Santana is hoping there are rumors of a team's interest somewhere out there. He may see the Sox as a possibility because we're rebuilding and thus appear to have rotation spots. I bet he's getting pretty anxious right about now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
While this would just be the worst, he's also following people for the Red Sox, Blue Jays, Nationals, Dodgers, and likely several others.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
I mean, really, he follows more than 30,000 people. There are a ton of different baseball teams he follows. He's probably one of those guys that follows people as soon as they follow him

Thank you for these posts. I no longer feel like kicking puppies.