Destinations for De Aza

GGajewski18

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 12:38 PM)
Who are you kidding, for you that would still be an upgrade.

I'm just afraid he's going to be inexperienced, plus it would be pretty awkward. It'd be like, uhh, do I pay you now and he'd be all "b****, I'm gonna sign a $400 million deal, why would I take your money?" and then he'd take my money anyways and run off in a huff.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
I'm just afraid he's going to be inexperienced, plus it would be pretty awkward. It'd be like, uhh, do I pay you now and he'd be all "b****, I'm gonna sign a $400 million deal, why would I take your money?" and then he'd take my money anyways and run off in a huff.

I hate it when that happens.

People have noted Montero in this thread right?

Jesus Montero reported to camp. He apologized to the team for his PED suspension last season. At least Montero had a productive offseason, right? Umm ... "I gained a lot of weight in my country," he said. "So, now, I'm on a program to lose weight. I'm working really hard to get my weight back. I wasn't doing nothing (after finishing winter ball), just eating."

Love this part of the quote.

"I'm working really hard to get my weight back."

Sounds like you already have dude! I know what he meant, just funny he way he worded it. I doubt the Sox would be interested in Montero anyway but Ackley and Franklin are possibilities if Seattle were interested in ADA.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
Love this part of the quote.

"I'm working really hard to get my weight back."

Sounds like you already have dude! I know what he meant, just funny he way he worded it. I doubt the Sox would be interested in Montero anyway but Ackley and Franklin are possibilities if Seattle were interested in ADA.

I don't think they are. Maybe MAYBE Ackley.

I would be fine with Ackley or Franklin, problem is we don't have a position open for either one. Doesn't matter if we trade Viciedo or ADA, the one left will play LF so there's no room. Would love to see Ackley or Franklin at 2B but then we have to find a team willing to trade for Bekham. Maybe this isn't such a match for the Sox.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
I would be fine with Ackley or Franklin, problem is we don't have a position open for either one. Doesn't matter if we trade Viciedo or ADA, the one left will play LF so there's no room. Would love to see Ackley or Franklin at 2B but then we have to find a team willing to trade for Bekham. Maybe this isn't such a match for the Sox.

If you can get Franklin for Viciedo/ADA or anything close, Gordon Beckham being around does not stop you from making that deal.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
I still don't get the point of dealing assets for a 2B when we'll have two legit prospects in AAA and another in AA. Makes no sense whatsoever IMO.

In this case, it'd be because (1) most of those prospects can play short, (2) there's a good chance those prospects will best, thus we could use a hedge, and (3) we need a 30 year-old league-average OF even less.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Feb 14, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
In this case, it'd be because (1) most of those prospects can play short, (2) there's a good chance those prospects will best, thus we could use a hedge, and (3) we need a 30 year-old league-average OF even less.

The trick would be to target guys at the A-Ball level who we haven't heard of and who need 1+ year of solid developmental work at those positions given where our system is if you're shooting for those spots. The problem is no one has a clue what other teams have at high-A ball so no one could suggest a deal like that which makes sense for both teams.