2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark D. Robertson ‏@GFTrib_MRob 18h

Two roster moves from the #Voyagers today, LHP Chris Freudenberg promoted to Kannapolis, RHP Luis Martinez promoted from AZL. #mtscores

So Chris Freudenberg to Kanny

Luis Martinez to Great Falls.

Tekotte sold back to AZ. Mitchell back to Charlotte. If he can keep the approach he had at Birmingham, not taking a lot of fastballs down the middle for strike three, maybe he still has a shot as a 4th outfielder or DeAza who can catch things.

I root for him because he seems like an extremely nice guy. Not holding my breath, though, he has teased us before.

QUOTE (Timmy U @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Tekotte sold back to AZ. Mitchell back to Charlotte. If he can keep the approach he had at Birmingham, not taking a lot of fastballs down the middle for strike three, maybe he still has a shot as a 4th outfielder or DeAza who can catch things.

I root for him because he seems like an extremely nice guy. Not holding my breath, though, he has teased us before.

I don't think we should have promoted him so soon. He's never been any good in AA before so promoting after a ~40 game run down there just doesn't make sense to me. His whole career has been defined by moving up in level before he's ready and as soon as he shows a sign of getting comfortable, we bump him up again

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 09:29 PM)
He'll be 26 in October.

He's taking up space on the 40-man roster.

time to buff up his resume and send him on his way.

This is exactly it, if he doesn't show something in AAA, he's probably one of the first guys on the chopping block when roster spots are needed.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 3, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
This is exactly it, if he doesn't show something in AAA, he's probably one of the first guys on the chopping block when roster spots are needed.

There are a ton of guys like Raul Fernandez and Frank De Los Santos on the chopping block ahead of Mitchell. Sox pitching depth on the 40 man is pathetic.

Per twitter, my AAP Jake "The Snake" Peter was promoted to Winston-Salem today after hitting .388 in 37 games with 11 doubles, 6 triples, 2 homers, 13 walks and 13 K's

edit: no corresponding move was announced

Edited by The 815

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Is WS in a playoff run?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
Yes

Except in this case, literally every Sox affiliate other than AZL is in the hunt for a 2nd half playoff spot. So I don't think that's why it happened in this case. In fact, Great Falls already clinched a spot.

FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox 1m

Roster moves: OF Adam Engel promoted to @WSDashBaseball, OF Chevy Clarke promoted to @Intimidators from @gfvoyagers.

I would imagine that Jacob May is heading to Birmingham as well. He was pulled yesterday mid game and this move puts Hawkins, Engel, and Coats in the WS OF.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox 1m

Roster moves: OF Adam Engel promoted to @WSDashBaseball, OF Chevy Clarke promoted to @Intimidators from @gfvoyagers.

I would imagine that Jacob May is heading to Birmingham as well. He was pulled yesterday mid game and this move puts Hawkins, Engel, and Coats in the WS OF.

May to the 7 day DL