2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Passan had a Montas blurb too.

Frank Montas, RHP, Chicago White Sox (High-A): Scouts are blowing Montas up. "Bad body, don't care," one said. "The stuff is that good." Said another: "I never thought he'd throw strikes. He's been incredible." Acquired from Boston in the Jake Peavy trade last July, Montas' fastball sits around 97 mph. And for now he has allayed fear about command and control with 40 strikeouts, five walks and zero home runs allowed in 37 innings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-draft-cha..._medium=twitter

Kussmaul to Charlotte, Crawford activated for BHAM.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
I see Chris Bassit was cleared for "full activity"...Any idea when he gets back on the mound?

Also what's the latest on Lopez?

Chris says he is targeting All Star Break for a return. Lopez was "May or June" last I spoke with him, so probably pretty soon.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 08:34 PM)
Futuresox should do a list for 2013 sox draft retrospective with quick updates on who we picked.

Interesting idea, thanks for bringing it up.

We're currently discussing some other draft-related content, trying to get together another podcast, maybe doing a 2014 roundtable type discussion too.

Interesting idea, thanks for bringing it up.

We're currently discussing some other draft-related content, trying to get together another podcast, maybe doing a 2014 roundtable type discussion too.

Roundtable discussions are so cliche. Do a hexagontable discussion.

BP did a re-draft for the 2013 draft. Have Tim Anderson moving up from 17 to 12:

1:12 Seattle Mariners

Actual Selection: D.J. Peterson

Re-Draft Selection: Tim Anderson (2013 no. 17 pick)

Reason: Anderson is an electric, middle of the diamond talent, raw in most aspects of the game but the ceiling is huge and the makeup could get him there.– Jason Parks

Stock Analysis: Anderson jumps a handful of picks from his original selection at no. 17. His unparalleled background had teams cautious; a two-sport junior college athlete who came out of nowhere. Because of his age, he brought more risk than a prep player, and less polish than someone in the collegiate ranks. But with Anderson’s impact tools playing at the minor-league ranks, some teams higher in the draft are kicking themselves for letting him slip.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article....#commentMessage

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:57 AM)
Roundtable discussions are so cliche. Do a hexagontable discussion.

When there is a knights of the hexagontable to make it sound badass we will use that term.

3 more guys I noticed weren't in the DSL team right now... I already saw that Luis Castillo, Victor Done, and Micker Adolfo weren't there. Also missing from the signings of 2012 are Antonio Rodriguez, Yelmison Peralta, and Roger Ramos. No idea if that means they are going to play for the AZ team, or if there is something else going on so far.

De los Santos to the "Temporary Inactive List", and RHP Matt Zaleski was activated from DL.

Zaleski is just awesome. 11 seasons in 1 org, no other org, no majors - probably the only guy ever to do that (CKamka researched it, couldn't find another example). He's coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. Chicago area native, born in Arlington Heights, went to high school in Addison.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
De los Santos to the "Temporary Inactive List", and RHP Matt Zaleski was activated from DL.

Zaleski is just awesome. 11 seasons in 1 org, no other org, no majors - probably the only guy ever to do that (CKamka researched it, couldn't find another example). He's coming off his 2nd TJ surgery. Chicago area native, born in Arlington Heights, went to high school in Addison.

I really, really hope they find a way to call him up this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 12, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
I really, really hope they find a way to call him up this year.

If the Sox are well out of contention in September, and they don't have a major 40-man roster issue at that point, and if Zaleski has pitched well in AAA... I wouldn't be surprised if they add him to the 40 just to give him a September appearance like that. Then after the season they can DFA him to free up the spot again, I don't think he's a claim risk anyway.