2014 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 15, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Coincidentally, all three of those teams are in the AFC.

And yet the NFC was only 4 games better against the AFC, being top heavy does not mean being weak.

QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
And yet the NFC was only 4 games better against the AFC, being top heavy does not mean being weak.

I think it's really hard to argue that the AFC was even close. I think the best 2 teams in the NFC far outclassed the teams 1-6 were way better in the NFC and the teams are the bottom in the NFC were better than the weakest teams in the AFC.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
I think it's really hard to argue that the AFC was even close. I think the best 2 teams in the NFC far outclassed the teams 1-6 were way better in the NFC and the teams are the bottom in the NFC were better than the weakest teams in the AFC.

How can it be hard to argue when the NFC went 34-30 vs the AFC? Shouldn't that right there be enough to tell you that they weren't as far superior as everyone seems to think? And that record includes 3 teams that were 0-12 against the NFC. The NFC had a division winner with 8 wins, all AFC division winners had 11+ wins.

The NFC had 3 teams with 4 or less wins, the AFC had 4

The NFC had 6 teams with 10+ wins, the AFC had 5

The NFC had 9 teams with a .500 or worse record, the AFC had 10

While the NFC was better last season, lets not act like the AFC was the Eastern Conference in the NBA

QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
How can it be hard to argue when the NFC went 34-30 vs the AFC? Shouldn't that right there be enough to tell you that they weren't as far superior as everyone seems to think? And that record includes 3 teams that were 0-12 against the NFC. The NFC had a division winner with 8 wins, all AFC division winners had 11+ wins.

The NFC had 3 teams with 4 or less wins, the AFC had 4

The NFC had 6 teams with 10+ wins, the AFC had 5

The NFC had 9 teams with a .500 or worse record, the AFC had 10

While the NFC was better last season, lets not act like the AFC was the Eastern Conference in the NBA

The AFC had 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league last year, and the Seahawks absolutely crushed the Broncos in the Super Bowl, while the week before Seattle and San Fran played a game down to the wire. The Cardinals went 10-6 and missed the playoffs (and could have gone 11-5 and still missed), while the Chargers went 9-7 and made it.

I don't think anyone's comparing it to the Eastern Conference, but it wasn't close. The NFC was absolutely superior last year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 15, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
The AFC had 4 of the worst 5 teams in the league last year, and the Seahawks absolutely crushed the Broncos in the Super Bowl, while the week before Seattle and San Fran played a game down to the wire. The Cardinals went 10-6 and missed the playoffs (and could have gone 11-5 and still missed), while the Chargers went 9-7 and made it.

I don't think anyone's comparing it to the Eastern Conference, but it wasn't close. The NFC was absolutely superior last year.

Well agree to disagree. On the superior part anyways, I acknowledge the NFC was better.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
@RobDemovsky

Among the #Packers tryout players is former Oregon TE Colt Lyerla. Google him. Not enough twitter space to adequately describe him.

If he keeps his head on straight, he might get a contract and he could easily make the team.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
If he keeps his head on straight, he might get a contract and he could easily make the team.

I think that is a big "if" with him. Although, maybe they feel he can't get into trouble in Green Bay.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 16, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
I think that is a big "if" with him. Although, maybe they feel he can't get into trouble in Green Bay.

Milwaukee's still not that far away.

It all depends on if he even gets a contract. Who knows about that.

• 7 months later...