Rosters for the Minors

GGajewski18

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
I can't figure out who plays 3B in Winston-Salem. Curley and Wagner are in Birmingham. None of Michalczewski, Shryock, Stringer or Voight seem ready for that double-level jump. Rondon I have to think is playing short wherever he goes.

Where is Basto?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
I can't figure out who plays 3B in Winston-Salem. Curley and Wagner are in Birmingham. None of Michalczewski, Shryock, Stringer or Voight seem ready for that double-level jump. Rondon I have to think is playing short wherever he goes.

I have DeMichele penciled in there. He's not on the Bham roster so he's probably repeating.

Here's my big board on Google Drive.

The Opening Day White Sox and Barons rosters are included. The rest are just filling in names. I didn't really put my best guesses in there, just filled in gaps. Feel free to let me know if there are players who were released still listed. It's not always the easiest to track some of these guys.

Damn, I don't know why, but I always liked Omogrosso, despite how bad/mediocre he was. Must have been his name/nickname. Hope Captain Omo gets a shot somewhere.

It's a good sign for the organization that a guy who logged 37.1 innings for the major league club over the last two years is no longer good enough to make their AAA team.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 08:06 PM)
It's a good sign for the organization that a guy who logged 37.1 innings for the major league club over the last two years is no longer good enough to make their AAA team.

Or Heath.

Or that lefty who gave up the bomb against Adrian Gonzalez in late 2012...can't remember his name now. Think he was injured last season.

Or Purcey, although his stats were actually quite decent in an Ehren Wasserman type of way...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 09:37 PM)
Or Heath.

Or that lefty who gave up the bomb against Adrian Gonzalez in late 2012...can't remember his name now. Think he was injured last season.

Or Purcey, although his stats were actually quite decent in an Ehren Wasserman type of way...

Don't forget Troncoso.

Kanny roster out now too. A few names I was surprised aren't there, but I'll wait to see what the deal is in W-S before commenting on that.

Looks like W-S will have a big number of guys who should be in the rotation, so that will be interesting: Olacio, Hansen, Montas, Ortiz, Bucciferro, Recchia, Cose, Leyer. Which three won't be? Maybe some injuries there?

FS will have affiliate previews up soon, and our next Podcast is slated for next week to talk about roster surprises.

Meanwhile, some of the most interesting stuff surrounds who is starting versus relieving. Some guys I was sure would start (at least this year) are in the pen, and some relievers have been put into rotations...

Kannapolis Rotation: Dykstra, Danish, Leyer, Bierman, Mitchell

Winston-Salem Rotation: Goldberg, Ortiz, Recchia, Wendelken, Bucciferro (not sure of order on that one)

Birmingham Rotation: Beck, Snodgress, Bassitt, Jaye, Doyle? (they didn't specify who was #5)

Bassitt is on the DL also, says it is a very minor thing, should be back very soon.

Dykstra and Wendelken starting are surprises. Olacio, Hansen in the pen are surprises too.

Montas isn't even on a roster, we got word he may be injured, don't know any details yet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
FS will have affiliate previews up soon, and our next Podcast is slated for next week to talk about roster surprises.

Meanwhile, some of the most interesting stuff surrounds who is starting versus relieving. Some guys I was sure would start (at least this year) are in the pen, and some relievers have been put into rotations...

Kannapolis Rotation: Dykstra, Danish, Leyer, Bierman, Mitchell

Winston-Salem Rotation: Goldberg, Ortiz, Recchia, Wendelken, Bucciferro (not sure of order on that one)

Birmingham Rotation: Beck, Snodgress, Bassitt, Jaye, Doyle? (they didn't specify who was #5)

Bassitt is on the DL also, says it is a very minor thing, should be back very soon.

Dykstra and Wendelken starting are surprises. Olacio, Hansen in the pen are surprises too.

Montas isn't even on a roster, we got word he may be injured, don't know any details yet.

I love that Andrew Mitchell is starting at Kanny. I also don't think that Danish will be long for Kannapolis.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
I love that Andrew Mitchell is starting at Kanny. I also don't think that Danish will be long for Kannapolis.

There really isn't much point to rushing Danish, as he needs to build up his innings. Most of the other guys talked about are college pitchers. Danish has a large innings gap he has to make up if he wants to be a starter at the major league level. He only threw 94 innings in high school as a senior, plus another 30 for the Sox, and 39 IP the year before that. He has to make up 60 to 80 IP per year before he is really ready.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
There really isn't much point to rushing Danish, as he needs to build up his innings. Most of the other guys talked about are college pitchers. Danish has a large innings gap he has to make up if he wants to be a starter at the major league level. He only threw 94 innings in high school as a senior, plus another 30 for the Sox, and 39 IP the year before that. He has to make up 60 to 80 IP per year before he is really ready.

Yeah you are probably right. I am pretty high on Danish and I think he will be really good at Kanny. That's the only reason I thought he'd up end at WS pretty quick.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
Yeah you are probably right. I am pretty high on Danish and I think he will be really good at Kanny. That's the only reason I thought he'd up end at WS pretty quick.

I am very high on the kid, I just think the Sox are going to take it easy on him because his endurance can't be there yet. Even those 94 IP at HS last year were probably about 60 IP in the minors, because I doubt he was getting worked nearly as hard as he is now. I could see him being a level a year kind of guy until he gets to the 160 to 180 IP range.