3/2 ST vs. Rangers

Dunt

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)
Trayce Thompson RBI single. Tie game!

Man how great would it be if either Mitchell or him exploded and had a huge year this year. They could throw who ever has the great year in left next year with Viciedo DHing giving them roster flexibility (Viciedo starts at DH but gets at bats in left right and first).

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
Molina gives up a 2 run HR. 6-4 Rangers

This guy has no business in big league camp if based on performance. Don't think he's long for the org, though.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
This guy has no business in big league camp if based on performance. Don't think he's long for the org, though.

Was hoping he would be dfa'd with the roster moves they made in the past month or so (Cleto, Surkamp, etc.)

I may be looking too much into this but to me there is a couple of concerns and a few positives on the back of this.

Concerns:- Paulino getting hit for a few. I know its Spring Training and he's coming back from an injury, but this doesn't inspire me and it should spur other rotation candidates.

Nestor Molina, continues to get hit off of. I've still to see anything positive from this guy.

Positives:- Adrian Nieto - Good to see him producing when needed with the bat. I can't wait until I get to see him hit.

Tyler Flowers - It looks to be a different Flowers heading into spring, I know it's early but perhaps we could see a different Flowers hitting when the season starts.

The fallen prospects - Guys like Mike McDade, Carlos Sanchez, Andy Wilkins, Keenyn Walker all showing patience at the plate and working the count to their favour. It was these guys who produced for the comeback win. It sounds like Steverson's hitting coaching is starting to pay off early. Lets hope it continues.

I'm probably looking into this too much but after the woes of last season and how pathetic some of our so called prized prospects were last season in the minors, it's good to see them showing their potential.

Edited by glangon

QUOTE (glangon @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 04:16 AM)
I may be looking too much into this but to me there is a couple of concerns and a few positives on the back of this.

Concerns:- Paulino getting hit for a few. I know its Spring Training and he's coming back from an injury, but this doesn't inspire me and it should spur other rotation candidates.

Nestor Molina, continues to get hit off of. I've still to see anything positive from this guy.

Positives:- Adrian Nieto - Good to see him producing when needed with the bat. I can't wait until I get to see him hit.

Tyler Flowers - It looks to be a different Flowers heading into spring, I know it's early but perhaps we could see a different Flowers hitting when the season starts.

The fallen prospects - Guys like Mike McDade, Carlos Sanchez, Andy Wilkins, Keenyn Walker all showing patience at the plate and working the count to their favour. It was these guys who produced for the comeback win. It sounds like Steverson's hitting coaching is starting to pay off early. Lets hope it continues.

I'm probably looking into this too much but after the woes of last season and how pathetic some of our so called prized prospects were last season in the minors, it's good to see them showing their potential.

Yes. It is way too early.

QUOTE (glangon @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 05:16 AM)

You are. Its game number 2 of ST. Pitchers are not throwing their full arsenal out there yet. They are working on location, working on a pitch, etc. Breaking pitches do not have depth in the valley as much as they will up in Chicago. Hence why ST allstars like Brian Anderson will always look great in Arizona. Also people havent been relocated yet to their ST camps. Give it a few weeks when the herd is thinned out before we start projecting. Just my thought.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
I saw a few 91s/92s but surely he's better than that. Right?

He had better not be throwing full speed in the first spring training game.

QUOTE (glangon @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 04:16 AM)

It's early and you can't read too much into actual results at this point, but a better hitting approach is really good to see and is relevant this early. Hopefully it sticks.